Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2016 12:49:03 AM EDT
Been out of the 1911 game for a while now after I sold off my sig traditional tacops.  I always liked the MC Operator but chose the sig due to the front strap checkering vs. the wrap around grips.  Now I see the new MC Operator has a very good looking front strap and is right around the 1000.00 mark.  Are these still considered to be worth the coin?  If so I may have just found my way back into a 1911.

What are your thoughts on this pistol for 1911 carry?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:09:23 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a great gun if you can carry that level of weight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:12:18 AM EDT
[#2]
In the colder months I have always carried a full size handgun.  Including 1911's. I love winter time
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Do eet!
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#4]
1911's are awesome guns and very iconic.  Carrying them as an EDC in my opinion is not smart when a Glock 19 will give you double the capacity at half the weight.  That being said, you always need to have a 1911 laying around
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I love a good 1911 and I carry one nearly every day! Granted I carry a Springfield LW Champion Operator so it is a little lighter. Yes, capacity is less than a G19 but, for me, shootability and accuracy far out way capacity. I carry in a big wide IWB holster to distribute the weight, currently the holster in question is an Alien Gear Clock-Tuck 3.0 and couldn't be happier.

For all the naysayers let me just say that I started out carrying a G23 but after getting a 1911 I just never went back. But everyone is different so good luck with your choice.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been doing a ton of research recently as I plan to make my first 1911 purchase, and while I'd love to have a TRP my budget for this one is more around a GI to RO. I've read up on the new MC Operator and it seems like a very nice gun! Since I can't find one for under $1100, I'll likely end up with a RO Operator and a few minor mods which should serve me very well.

If I could get a new MC Operator for $1k, I'd likely do it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Not sure why but I can't stand a 1911 without front strap serrations.  That's what caught my eye with the new model
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Front strap checkering is awesome. I use grip tape on guns with out it, but checkering is superior.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top