Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2016 4:35:21 PM EDT
Hi gents -

Finally tracked down the TRP Operator which should be on it's way to my dealer shortly, but I'm struggling to find a SERPA holster that would fit, especially one that would accommodate a light.

I own the stainless steel TRP that does not have a rail and use the Blackhawk Tactical SERPA thigh holster, but it won't accommodate the Operator model, certainly not with a light mounted.

Suggestions?  Polymer one that would work with the rail or even with a light?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
When I carry my TRP I use a Milt Sparks Versa Max II

Don't be buying a $1500 pistol and putting it in a $30 piece of shit holster bro
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Checkout Safariland's offerings. They make several for it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't be buying a $1500 pistol and putting it in a $30 piece of shit holster bro
View Quote

Hate to sound like a gear snob because I really am cheap but THIS. In the market for a $1k 1911 and couldn't imagine putting it in a SERPA. I'd do custom Kydex, but if you want SERPA-like go for Safariland.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't use a Serpa on a Hi Point.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of carry do you want the holster it do?  

Holsters are sort of a specialized thing,no one holster does everything great.

OC/range/battle belt:  safariland or G-code

Ccw iwb:  look at the other sugestions in this thread.  I've used the same holster for that for years and it's not the most popular design.

Ccw iwb:  get one of the kydex pancake holsters: raven, dsg, etc.

You will be hard pressed to find an iwb light bearing holster, but the kydex pancake ones for owb should work well.  When you get it, attach the light and do about 50 draw strokes before you decide you hate it or like it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  I have a TRP Operator

It deserves better.  

Mine rides in an HBE COM III
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]
SERPA holsters are absolute garbage...

Look at the Safariland 6378 ALS holster if you want a good kydex paddle holster made by a reputable manufacturer.

My department used to issue SERPA holsters for plain clothes and off duty carry.  When we swapped to the Glock 17/19 we also went to the Safariland paddle holsters, and they are superior in every way.

- Better retention
- Easier draw
- Holds pistol closer to the body
- Better quality

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:07:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Safariland.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top