Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/6/2002 9:38:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2002 9:39:10 PM EDT by Sixgun357]
Alright I sold My glock now I have the money available to by a 1911. I know it is going to be a Springfield and I know its going to have a 5 inch barrel. Just a few questions first. I saw this ad on Gunbroker and I really like the looks of this gun. The only problem is I cant seem to find it on Springfields web site does anybody know if it is still made.

www.forthehunt.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4201923

Second whats the story with mags. are they all 7 rounds, becuase I see some .45s advertised 7 and others advertised 8. Do they mean 7 in the mag and one in the pipe. Or are they true 8 round mags. Are GI mags good?

I have not been this geeked about getting a gun since my AR-15. I just need to get the run down before buy.

Six
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:53:02 AM EDT
If you want and answer I can point you to the right person. Go to their site and use the contact. Springfield is better at answering questions than any manufacturer I have ever found. They even monitor many of the boards and contribute to them regularly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:07:48 AM EDT
Dealer here has one in his case right now. Very nice. Was looking at it when I got my new one. Only thing I didnt like was it had standard black sights and I wanted night sights. Very nice gun. Springfield pistols come with 2 7 round mags. You can buy aftermarket 8 round mags. Wilson is the best in my opinion. The Springfiled Professional and TRP come with 8 rnd Wilson mags. I love my new Springfield and plan on sending ti to the custom shop to get re-finshed in black Armory Kote.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 12:45:04 AM EDT
I like it! That's the same Springfield as blued model no. PX9608L, which is listed on Springfield's website, except it has a green teflon coating. The finish is the only difference. That's a good price. The auction ended but he relisted it, ends tomorrow night.

Wilsons are great mags. I like the Chip McCormick Shooting Star 8-round mags too. They're cheaper and they always work for me. Natchez Shooter's Supply has them on sale for Father's Day at $9.53 each. The Wilsons run about $28 each. GI 7-round mags are good, as long as you get true USGI mags and not cheapo gun show ripoffs. The good ones have a NSN stamped on the baseplate.
Top Top