Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2002 7:59:35 AM EDT
I've been lurking here for a while, and decided I wanted to buy a second handgun (other is a Beretta 92FS).

Stopped in at the gun store today to look around and fell in love with a S.A. Loaded 1911A1. It has the Novak night sights, the speed trigger, and the lightweight hammer.

Cost after tax was $625 for a NIB gun.

I have to wait 3 days (IL...blah!) before I can pick it up, but I am looking forward to getting it to the range.

I also plan on using it at the pistol competition at the BRC!

Av.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it stainless?  That seems a bit high for the blued one, but they are well worth the $ in my opinion.  

There is a long-slide Loaded SA at my local gun shop, and every time I go in, I look at it a little bit longer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#2]
That was the parkerized version. I checked at least 7 or 8 gun shops, most wanted north of $675, one wanted $769.

At least in N. IL, it was a good price...

Av.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Let us know how you like it (once you have waited your 3 days) I bought one a couple of years ago. Although I haven't shot it in awhile, it's still one of my favorites.

Jamie
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a stainless one and it looks and shoots awesome.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought a "Loaded" Springfield Armory Champion, black parkerized model.  One word... WOW!  I consider myself an experienced handgunner and this is the best pistol by far that I have ever owned.  It is my 4th .45acp, and my 3rd 1911 type.  The Novak night sigts rock.  The gun is supremely accurate, it outshoots my Rock Island Armory GI .45 with little effort.  I tried a box (20rd) of Hornady 230gr HP +P.  Can we say "handfull".  But accurate handfull.  I've wanted a Springfield for years, and am sorry I waited.  Price in S.E. Wisconsin was $695 for those keeping score.

PS.  The safety lock called "ILS" is awesome, a must for those who have crumb-crunching safety concerns running about.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The S.A.'s are a good gun. Trying to convince my buddy to buy a S.A. TRP in s.s.(about $1100).
What area of N.IL. I'm in the Rockford area, and isn't it still 5 days. It's been a while since i bought a pistol.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not a five day wait here in IL. Just 3.

Picked up the 1911, and put a few boxes down range. SWEET!

Finish was great, no noticeable nicks or scratches. Parts seemed pretty tight, I wanted to hang it on a wall rather than shoot it.

Accurate right out of the box, I didn't have too much time with it (buying a house), but I think I have a keeper!!

Av.

Edit: I'm in the McHenry area.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:04:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Any one know the SA web site?. I too am looking at the 1911 A1 but still floating between SA and Kimber.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the link.

Went to the store today and hold them both SA and Kimber, the SA fix much better in my hand, don't have a chance to shoot them yet cause they don't have a range and at the range I shot, they don't have any 1911's. Any one own or shoot them both?, pro/con on both?. More likely I'm leaning toward the SA's since it fix my hand better than the other.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I just shot my newest fullsize today. Just plain rocks. See my report on the GD board.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 4:07:57 AM EDT
[#12]
You will love that weapon, I got mine last spring and I just cant say enough good things about it. little hint: mine did not digest Wolf ammo very well so I would feed it higher quality if I were you. the price has really jumped though, I picked up min at a local dealer for about $450.00 (Ohio, no waiting) have fun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top