Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 1:05:30 PM EDT
Here is the Smith and Wesson Model 29-3 three inch 44 Magnum that I picked up today.

Only 200 of these made, in 1985. So say Supica and Nahas....

Smooth as glass with a real nice trigger, deep bluing, and smooth RB Combat grips. Timing is spot on, and the lockup is as tight as can be.

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Great looking. Where do you find these jewels?
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of looking, and I run with the right crowd :)

Link Posted: 10/19/2003 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got back from a short trip to the woods......it started to rain pretty hard, but I had a chance to shoot about half a box of specials and a half dozen 240 gr Mags.

With the specials it feels like a .38 full power loads.

With the magnums, it makes a BOOM that I could hear echoing off the
surrounding hiils, after I quickly removed my muffs. It would get everybody's attention at a range, for sure.

Lots of flames too. Recoil feels less than a Mt. Gun. I think it is because even though the barrel is only 3 inches, it s heavy. It twists a little, but not too bad.

The Combat grips are actually pretty decent for absorbing
recoil. My pinky finger sort of naturally "lets go" and the gun rocks back a bit in my hand and I didn't get stung too bad.
I'd say that maybe some 200 gr mag stuff would be perfect for carry, or some of the hotter specials.

It bucked back to about "10 O' Clock" and I could get another shot off without too much difficulty. But it's not something you'd want to hold loosely, that's for sure.

The DA pull is very nice. The cylinder bolt clicks in just before it goes off, using a fairly swift DA pull. It's easy to make sure the sights are on target just as it goes off. Gotta love them N
frames!!

It might make some pansies go crying for their mamas, but I don't find it unmanagable. But, it's a hand cannon for sure!

It was right on target at 30 feet, and I took along a couple small pumpkins. They explode pretty good with the magnums.

The holster works great, and it actually conceals the gun very well under a light coat. It distributes the weight quite well also. I could easily carry in this rig all day.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet! where did you get it? shop, or private sale?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Private sale.

What the heck, another pic......

Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
nicest snubby i have ever seen.  take that h&k
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:28:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I owned one of these little cannons for about 6 months when they first came out. Got rid of it because I didn't need a snubby this big, but it was a very nice little-big gun. Serious muzzle blast, though!

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 4:01:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I love my n-frame snubbies!  There aren't all that many in any of the production runs.

Link Posted: 10/30/2003 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Those little 44 mags are junk. You should take them and throw em in the garbage!!!----my garbage or if not at least sell em to me.
I was just about to post about these fine weapons. I am of the new generation---still in my mid-twenties, and have the Glocks and HK's. I recently discovered a model 29 with a 4" bbl--44 mag of course--deepest bluing I ever saw smooth as silk and nice grips--like an asshole I didn't pick it up, now I dream about the thing---what a work of art--how could you ever go back to a Glock after seeing one of these. It's definatley next on my long list---congratulations I envy the hell out of you
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#10]
All right Roger when you are ready to trade or sell that puppy you know who to get in touch with.

ME!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top