Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 4:07:22 AM EDT
I'm wondering if there is a mid-bore(.357, .40 s&w, etc.) snub-nose(3.5 in. barrel or less) revolver that's made for lefties... is there any left handed revolvers?   Help me out guys.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I've not heard of left hand revolvers. I did take a handgunning class in college(criminal Justice). They just taught the lefties to transfer the weapon to the right hand when opening the cylinder. Then hold the weapon open with the left hand and cram rounds in with the right.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
M1892 French Lebel revolver.  The cylinder swings out to the right, 8mm double action.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, there was a custom maker a few years ago making Colt Peacemakers in a left hander configuration.  But...  He was making them for right handers since reloading a conventional peacemaker requires switching the gun to the left hand for easy ejection and loading.  Using the this logic the stock Peacemaker or Ruger blackhawk/Vaquero is the left handed revolver you are looking for.

Just a sugestion...

Kent
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Would suggest looking for any of the British Webely revolvers with the thumb latch on the right side.  Can't remember for sure if my MK IV had the latch on both sides.  (break open DA)

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#5]
any of these guns have a short barrel?....  i need something fail-proof for concealment
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#6]
There is some evidence that Sam COlt himself was a leftie and thus the configuration of the SSA. I find that they (and Rugers) are all much easier to reload if shot from the left hand.

Actually holding and shooting any revolver is not a left/right hand thing like it can be with some semi autos. Modern revolvers all tend to be pretty symetrical
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top