Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/6/2006 11:25:37 AM EDT
Between the N-Frame holster thread and the return of the .45acp revolver topic, I have been thinking about the beautiful 4" 625 light taper/non-full lugged "Mountain Gun" profiled revolver that just languishes in the safe.
Anybody got any recommendations for a good IWB holster? leather,Kydex whatever.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:33:52 AM EDT
Lou Alessi makes an IWB. Ask for sewn loops because the snaps are the only thing that stands out.

I never believed that you could hide an N frame, until I was shown.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:51:49 PM EDT
I am really not a fan of IWB carry. And and N-frame in the pants sounds very uncomfortable to me.

A mtn gun carries quite well though with a light cover garment. I like the OWB holsters that are designed to have the holster and gun between the belt and the pants. I have even tried a left handed OWB holster carried on the right side inside the belt, works good. Crossdraw carry is pretty comfortable for me too. But its hard to really conceal.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:22:24 PM EDT
Good Lord!!!
IWB an N-Frame!!!

Here's how I carry my 28-2.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/denfoote/Nframeinholster.jpg

DeSantis #2 pancake holster.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:01:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:03:29 PM EDT
Sure Burton, but the question is.....could I hide that massive sumbitch with such a holster?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:51:34 PM EDT
To pack my 3" Horton modded M29-3, I used a Galco pancake and made myself a Kydex speedloader carrier. Worked well and packed it under my t-shirt.

The key to packing a full sized firearm is to dress for it. Casual works best if you can dress that way. I get shirts that are 3x's my size, not tight fitting shirts. Another key is untucked button up like a Hawaiian shirt that is larger than you normally wear. I've triple packed under a loose Hawaiian shirt. You can also wear a good shoulder rig in a button up shirt, unbuttoned.

No more do you have to pack that .22 single shot derringer in winter!!!!!
Top Top