Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 2:47:55 AM EDT
I was a law enforcement firearms instructor as part of my job. Since retiring early I have continually looked for the best weapon for Concealed Carry. I have owned many revolvers including pythons, daimondbacks, mod 15's, 686 etc. I now own at least 5 autos. I have looked for something that I could carry with enough stopping power that was not noticible and easy to carry. In the winter it wasn't usually a problem since I could carry about anything under a coat under certain conditions. I used to often carry a Khar 40 inside the pants holster in the front under a sweatshirt.
I was never happy in the summer carrying a beretta 32 in the back pockets of my jeans.
I ran across a 342PD in titanium which was arround 10 ounces. I also bought some blazers to keep the weight down in 125gr JHP. This little guy is awesome for carry. I now wear alot of military style pants and drop the weapon in an inside the pants holster with the clip removed and place it in my back pocket. ITs so light you don't even know you have it. I hate that S&W quit making this fine gun and replaced it with the Titanium/scandium 357 which is several ounces heavier. I did pick one up and put the 342PD in the safe for now. The two ounces does make a difference but it still works nicely. This is the best thing going as far as I am concerned for light weight and ease of concealment. Its so light it also works nice in any pocket of a jacket etc.
JRandyH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top