Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:00:59 PM EDT
The locking bolt is stuck on my 686(the little part mounted in the barrel lug the goes in when you open the cylender). I think it is stuck inside as is just misses the extractor rod. It is also hard to open the cylender on 2 of the chambers and I think it is tied the the stuck locking bolt. Is there a easy fix for this? Than you for any help!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that what you are referring to is the ejctor rod. It is not the locking bolt. The bolt is in the frame of the pistol and indexes the cylinder. Anyway, Open the cylinder and tighten the ejector rod by hand. It is a left hand thread. That should fix your problem. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I believe that what you are referring to is the ejctor rod. It is not the locking bolt. The bolt is in the frame of the pistol and indexes the cylinder. Anyway, Open the cylinder and tighten the ejector rod by hand. It is a left hand thread. That should fix your problem. Charles the Gunsmith.  

It is the little part under the barrel  inside the barrel lug opposit the ejector rod. It touches the end of the ejector rod(kind of helps hold it in).
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]
If I understand you right, then your problem is that the locking bolt does not move out of the barrel lug to lock into the ejector rod, right?
It has the bolt plunger spring behind it and I can only guess that dirt or rust must inhibit its movement. I'd try soaking it in WD40 and push on it to see if you can free it.

Driving the locking bolt pin out is a bit tricky because of it's small size, but might be your last resort.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup the locking bolt is stuck, I can't get it to budge! I'll try the WD40 and see what happends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top