Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  You and me both sir, still waiting to get more significant word from Billy on any more commentable movement on the project before posting anything up. I was planning on doing another big P320 range day with my brother today for 3/20 day, but my having a stroke and brain surgery on Tuesday put a bit of a wrench in that plan...At least I’m getting some of the best and worst stuff out of my way before my 30th birthday

On a lighter note thanks to the combination of #TrumpBux and #BidenBux this little side project is now 100% gubmint funded so that’s something at least!
View Quote

Are you still able to post in GD, or did the surgery cure you?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Are you still able to post in GD, or did the surgery cure you?  
View Quote

If you’re asking if I’m still demented enough for shit like this project the answer is hell yes Just blew a blood vessel. Don’t crack your neck at home, folks
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright I think it’s time to give a bit more substantial update here about what’s been going on and the status of these project guns. For those of you who aren’t aware, on the morning of March 16th I was hospitalized with a stroke (seriously, don’t crack your neck at home). I received brain surgery on the 17th to allow the tissue to swell and drain normally. I’ve been resting comfortably at home since the morning of the 22nd, with interspersed scheduling of doc and physical/visual therapy appointments. Although it had the potential to be much more severe, I seem to have gotten off lucky with the only lasting results being a bit of double vision and some very slight instability when I walk - both of which I’m assured can be resolved via said therapies.

Moving on from the pity party, how does this effect the gun projects I’ve currently got going? The answer is, quite simply, not much. While it will take some time before I personally feel comfortable with live fire again, it turns out that pistol sights - both red dots and irons - make for some pretty effective visual therapy practice, so I’ll be maintaining my safe dryfire schedule going forward. There are no outstanding components or work to be done on the P320s and the money I set aside for the Pug knuckle grip is unaffected by my medical woes. The maker I’ve contracted to create them is hammering out the design with his business partner and there should be more significant updates in the near future.

In the meantime I’ll continue lurking and engaging on these forums as I have previously. If anyone has any questions or just wants to chat you’re of course always welcome to post here or send me a PM any time. My apologies for the delay in updates over the last few weeks and the slightly off-topic nature of this expository post. I can assure everyone that I, and by direct extension these projects, aren’t going anywhere any time soon!
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  Alright I think it’s time to give a bit more substantial update here about what’s been going on and the status of these project guns. For those of you who aren’t aware, on the morning of March 16th I was hospitalized with a stroke (seriously, don’t crack your neck at home). I received brain surgery on the 17th to allow the tissue to swell and drain normally. I’ve been resting comfortably at home since the morning of the 22nd, with interspersed scheduling of doc and physical/visual therapy appointments. Although it had the potential to be much more severe, I seem to have gotten off lucky with the only lasting results being a bit of double vision and some very slight instability when I walk - both of which I’m assured can be resolved via said therapies.

Moving on from the pity party, how does this effect the gun projects I’ve currently got going? The answer is, quite simply, not much. While it will take some time before I personally feel comfortable with live fire again, it turns out that pistol sights - both red dots and irons - make for some pretty effective visual therapy practice, so I’ll be maintaining my safe dryfire schedule going forward. There are no outstanding components or work to be done on the P320s and the money I set aside for the Pug knuckle grip is unaffected by my medical woes. The maker I’ve contracted to create them is hammering out the design with his business partner and there should be more significant updates in the near future.

In the meantime I’ll continue lurking and engaging on these forums as I have previously. If anyone has any questions or just wants to chat you’re of course always welcome to post here or send me a PM any time. My apologies for the delay in updates over the last few weeks and the slightly off-topic nature of this expository post. I can assure everyone that I, and by direct extension these projects, aren’t going anywhere any time soon!
View Quote

Was the brain surgery able to correct your ability to post in GD?  There might be hope for all of us!  
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Was the brain surgery able to correct your ability to post in GD?  There might be hope for all of us!  
View Quote

Proper levels of insanity still safely present
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Vision’s getting better even before starting proper visual therapy. The sights on my pistols (RDS and front sight) now appear to be one, relatively crisp dot as opposed to distinctly two different, very fuzzy points as they were when I first got home. Next range trip is scheduled for my brother’s birthday in two weeks and I plan to attend and shoot then. Early signs are good!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Great news
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]

First post-stroke range trip is in the bag and I believe my shooting has not been made significantly worse (or better for that matter) by recent medical issues, so that’s a relief. Shot the P320s and broke up magazines with several cylinders through the party popper. While I don’t view the Pug as an accuracy-oriented gun, I was at least able to hit the paper plate each time with slow-fire weak-hand-only shooting at 3 yards, and that’s good enough for this style of firearm as far as I’m concerned.

I spoke with Billy about the knuckles, he’s working on a new casting method that his work partner thinks will work better for larger/geometric structures like the attachment method for the grip design. Once he has that down he’ll be able to figure out the best way to manufacture the final piece and we’ll go from there. More soon!
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah! I see! You must have been that guy that pulled the PUG on those rioters!

All joking aside I am sorry to hear about the medical issues, but glad to hear you are making a good recovery so far. The project is extremely interesting and I can't wait to see what comes of it. Have always had a soft spot for NAA guns and want a Black widow and Ranger II for the collection.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ah! I see! You must have been that guy that pulled the PUG on those rioters!

All joking aside I am sorry to hear about the medical issues, but glad to hear you are making a good recovery so far. The project is extremely interesting and I can't wait to see what comes of it. Have always had a soft spot for NAA guns and want a Black widow and Ranger II for the collection.
View Quote

As far as riots are concerned I live by the adage “You win every fight you avoid”

Much appreciated! It’s taking a bit longer than expected but I suppose not a surprise with a one-off handcrafted project like this
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#11]
An expensive heads up.

Just ordered 500 rounds of CCI Maxi 22WMR direct from CCI

@ 16.99 per 50 count it ain’t cheap. But is available.

Just passing this along for anyone looking.

With what I already have, this should keep my NAA mini’s fed for a lifetime.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:28:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Good note I’ll take a look! With my current schedule a few hundred rounds of ammo would last quite a while for this party popper
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Makes me wanna get some wax and do a wax copy . Id use this to form a wax Moldel with a sprue to pour in brass or aluminum. Just place it in a coffee can ,sprue up ,pour in plaster of Paris & burn out the wax in a kiln.   Once the wax is burned out pour in your molten metal . When cool wash off Plaster, final finish the grip halves, install components and screw together
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Makes me wanna get some wax and do a wax copy . Id use this to form a wax Moldel with a sprue to pour in brass or aluminum. Just place it in a coffee can ,sprue up ,pour in plaster of Paris & burn out the wax in a kiln.   Once the wax is burned out pour in your molten metal . When cool wash off Plaster, final finish the grip halves, install components and screw together
View Quote

I can’t say for certain as he’s fairly protective of his overall process and methods, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s a pretty close description of how Billy does most of his knuckles and metal pieces. This’ll be a little more involved than most of his knucks as the design requires some engineering to be compatible with the Pug, but not too dissimilar from his norm
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Went ahead and re-upped on the CCI FMJ while I was doing a round of ammo purchases anyway. I know the momentum behind this project seems to have settled quite a bit but I assure you it’s still at the top of the list, just waiting for movement from the craftsman on the grip to make more serious progress.

As a side note, I believe I figured out a way to make another modern Knucklegun build using one of the Bond Arms derringer pistols as the base, using similar techniques for integrating a functional set of knuckles into the frame of the firearm. Once this is all finished up I may see about setting that in motion as well…
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Anti-archiving bump…
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Thanks for the link!

An actual update on this popper should be coming soon (hopefully). Still in a holding pattern for the moment waiting for an open slot on Billy’s casting schedule
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Anti-archiving bump
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Tagged for duration.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump. Sorry everyone This project is still at the top of my list, I’m just waiting on the maker to get to it on his list
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Very cool stuff
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bump. Sorry everyone This project is still at the top of my list, I’m just waiting on the maker to get to it on his list
View Quote

well i saw he posted some NAA nuck grips to his IG page today, so maybe it's in the works?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

well i saw he posted some NAA nuck grips to his IG page today, so maybe it's in the works?
View Quote

That’s an older prototype he made a while ago, a single finger knuck. Working on continuing to develop that sounds like it’s part of the process of designing my full-fist version. Project is still on, just taking a while longer than expected.

That seems to be a common theme among most of my custom projects…
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#25]

This is his original prototype single-finger knuckler/skull crusher grip, made 20 years ago with hand tools. It was seeing his work on this that partially led me to believe he’d be the right choice for producing my idea of a four-finger full knuckle grip for the Pug
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#26]
There’s movement being made!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUgjiGrMuWt/

Progress being made on Billy’s original single finger NAA knuckler grip which is the precursor to my full-fist version. Time to get excited!
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#27]

More on the single finger prototype, being made on a CNC
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#28]

More progress on Billy’s single finger knuckler version, being made in collaboration with Turner CNC. Sounds like the SFK version will be ready for sale in a few weeks, then moving on to my full-fist piece!
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 8:43:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_10/1D4FAE8A-7ECE-4874-934F-3EEAE0709A1A.jpeg.c97ca7892dd15f4934e72d3856c59fb1.jpeg

More progress on Billy’s single finger knuckler version, being made in collaboration with Turner CNC. Sounds like the SFK version will be ready for sale in a few weeks, then moving on to my full-fist piece!
View Quote

awesome! I saw that on IG and wondered if it was yours or not.

Depending on price I may need one for my NAA. would be a cool grip for IWB carry or a back up to OC
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Cool. A karambit revolver.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#31]

If anybody wants one, the single finger knuckler grip for NAA magnum frame mini revolvers is now available for purchase!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_10/696AC822-FA6E-4560-8BC1-47EA7A047465.jpeg.2f82b81fce2eb9c8337798cf0d055d04.jpeg

If anybody wants one, the single finger knuckler grip for NAA magnum frame mini revolvers is now available for purchase!
View Quote

I considered that but honestly can’t think of a way I’d use it. Or carry it. Or do anything besides post pics on IG.

Hell if I didn’t just buy a tavor I’d get it for the pics
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 1:01:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I considered that but honestly can’t think of a way I’d use it. Or carry it. Or do anything besides post pics on IG.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_10/696AC822-FA6E-4560-8BC1-47EA7A047465.jpeg.2f82b81fce2eb9c8337798cf0d055d04.jpeg

Totally fair, I do still see it as being something of a novelty just as much as the original mini revolver itself, not for everyone.

Should mean moving on to the full fist version for my project very soon, updates as I get them of course!
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Totally fair, I do still see it as being something of a novelty just as much as the original mini revolver itself, not for everyone.

Should mean moving on to the full fist version for my project very soon, updates as I get them of course!
View Quote

If the full fist version is real and sold to the public I will buy one of those. Not a need but always wanted knucks
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:45:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If the full fist version is real and sold to the public I will buy one of those. Not a need but always wanted knucks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be seen if Billy offers it as a production item or would just do a one-off custom. I think it’d come down to ease of production and general interest, but we’ll see!
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got one. Really, my only complaint is that the symmetry messes with my OCD, especially since I’m left- handed.

It’s well made, actually fits in both of my hands comfortably, and fully serves the purpose it was designed for.

A very nice accessory for the NAA gun.  Now, I wish I had gotten one of the bayonets for this thing when I had the chance.

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I got one. Really, my only complaint is that the symmetry messes with my OCD, especially since I’m left- handed.

It’s well made, actually fits in both of my hands comfortably, and fully serves the purpose it was designed for.

A very nice accessory for the NAA gun.  Now, I wish I had gotten one of the bayonets for this thing when I had the chance.

View Quote

Good to hear! Post pics if you can
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:40:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Well crap…After quite a few iterations of trial and error in CAD the knuckle maker and partner have reached the conclusion that a full-fist knuckleduster grip isn’t feasible on the NAA revolver frame, at least to their level of satisfaction and comfort to go through with it. Which means at this time this project is unfortunately suspended while I figure out whether to pursue the design with a different maker or cancel it outright
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#39]
That's a much better result than them half-assing it.  Not the result you wanted, I know.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's a much better result than them half-assing it.  Not the result you wanted, I know.
View Quote

Agreed, I appreciate that he was upfront about not wanting to make something that he didn’t think would be up to his professional standards, even though they’d lose out on the profit.

I’m exploring some other options at the moment to do the project with some makers who may be more comfortable with putting aesthetics over strict practicality, but we’ll see where it goes from here
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Check out what Gun Jesus just posted earlier today:

Delhaxhe "Apache": The Other French Knife-Knuckle-Gun

If anyone’s wondering, yes this project is still in the works. I’m currently in discussion with a shop on feasibility and their willingness to give this a shot, and should hopefully come to an agreement soon. Sorry for the delay, but bear with me!
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Check out what Gun Jesus just posted earlier today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgD0MJCPa2Y

If anyone’s wondering, yes this project is still in the works. I’m currently in discussion with a shop on feasibility and their willingness to give this a shot, and should hopefully come to an agreement soon. Sorry for the delay, but bear with me!
View Quote

I saw that and immediately thought of your project.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Alright, an agreement’s been reached to put some knuckles on this little party popper with Wright Armory out of AZ. I’ll be sending the Pug their way this week!
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:53:37 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm still here!  LOL
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:03:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Patiently waitingAttachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:16:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Bumpity bump
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#47]
The Schofield is with my local gunsmith and the Pug is on the way to the shop in AZ. Now we wait
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Email typo unexpectedly put the gun in limbo at the shop in AZ for a bit, should be hearing more soon though
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Thank-you for the updates.  In for awesome pics
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kind of a neat piece.  Like others said, bit of a novelty...but so is the firearm itself.  While I can justify the firearm, not sure I can justify this for myself at its pricepoint...But certainly understand why some would all the same.

Interested to see how the full project ends up going if someone else takes on the task.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top