Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kind of a neat piece.  Like others said, bit of a novelty...but so is the firearm itself.  While I can justify the firearm, not sure I can justify this for myself at its pricepoint...But certainly understand why some would all the same.

Interested to see how the full project ends up going if someone else takes on the task.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_10/696AC822-FA6E-4560-8BC1-47EA7A047465.jpeg.2f82b81fce2eb9c8337798cf0d055d04.jpeg

If anybody wants one, the single finger knuckler grip for NAA magnum frame mini revolvers is now available for purchase!

Kind of a neat piece.  Like others said, bit of a novelty...but so is the firearm itself.  While I can justify the firearm, not sure I can justify this for myself at its pricepoint...But certainly understand why some would all the same.

Interested to see how the full project ends up going if someone else takes on the task.

It's in the design phase now at Wright Armory in AZ, should see it put to metal within the month
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Design approved and commissioned
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Attachment Attached File

"I...I was told there would be a stabby thing. I was expecting a stabby thing on it and I don't see it."

Milton aside, that's nothing short of brilliant! Where do I send $ to convert my NA?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Crap

I was sort of hoping this would work, but also hoping I wouldn't find yet another way to want a gun I never knew I wanted

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/245980/Office-Space-Milton_jpg-2380329.JPG

"I...I was told there would be a stabby thing. I was expecting a stabby thing on it and I don't see it."

Milton aside, that's nothing short of brilliant! Where do I send $ to convert my NA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/245980/Office-Space-Milton_jpg-2380329.JPG

Decided against the folding bayonet, too much additional complication for what would’ve just been a fairly useless aesthetic component.

Wright Armory is the one fabricating and installing the knuckles. Anyone’s welcome to ask them to do the same work on their revolver but it’s gonna be costly…
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
What panels are you thinking of putting on it when finished?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What panels are you thinking of putting on it when finished?
View Quote

I was thinking about that some today, I’m honestly open to suggestions. Maybe some bone or antler would look good with the rest?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was thinking about that some today, I’m honestly open to suggestions. Maybe some bone or antler would look good with the rest?
View Quote

ivory would be ideal.

If not real, then one of the G10 analogs or a piece of giraffe bone
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ivory would be ideal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ivory would be ideal.

Feel free to post suggestions!
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Brass panels to match the knuckles,  full coverage engraving and  brass plate the naa.  Then you can tell them welcome to my bling bling bang bang thunk
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would also consider mammoth tooth ivory. No import/paper drama since it's already extinct, and small pieces would make good grips and aren't too expensive. there are a few supplies on IG and through knife making channels.

If not the G10 stuff is cool
here's real giraffe
or armadillo?
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Brass panels to match the knuckles,  full coverage engraving and  brass plate the naa.  Then you can tell them welcome to my bling bling bang bang thunk
View Quote

The knuckles are actually being made out of stainless steel rather than brass for needed strength. It should match the stainless parts of the revolver nicely though
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would also consider mammoth tooth ivory. No import/paper drama since it's already extinct, and small pieces would make good grips and aren't too expensive. there are a few supplies on IG and through knife making channels.

here's real giraffe
or armadillo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

here's real giraffe
or armadillo?

Ohh mammoth ivory’s not a bad idea. Looks like it’d go well with the CCH frame
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ohh mammoth ivory’s not a bad idea. Looks like it’d go well with the CCH frame
View Quote

and in the quantities you need the price isn't crazy. The cross cut 1911 grips I want are stupid and I can't currently justify them :(
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Lots of different options for various bone/antler/etc grips from this maker:

https://spressercustomgrips.com/product-category/north-american/magnum/

I’ll probably get something from them once I get the gun back in hand. We’ll see how the balance looks between the stainless steel parts and the CCH frame and decide on darker or lighter grip material from there
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I’ll probably get something from them once I get the gun back in hand. We’ll see how the balance looks between the stainless steel parts and the CCH frame and decide on darker or lighter grip material from there
View Quote

Oh great

I stopped by for an update on this project and you supply a link for me to spend more money on one of my mini’s

Bastard.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oh great

I stopped by for an update on this project and you supply a link for me to spend more money on one of my mini’s

Bastard.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh great

Bastard.  

Do it

Inspiring others to spend money on guns is one of the main reasons I make these threads
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Speaking of updates, the shop said they’re about 75% done. Should be finished up in about a week!
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I was scrolling through grip options for this little tenderizer this morning and I happened across a fairly unique looking set of grips - They’re checkered rosewood with mother of pearl accent inlays:

https://premiumgungrips.com/north-american-arms-rosewood-and-pearl-accent/

I think these would look really good on the two-tone Pug with stainless steel accents. Is that just me?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Screw it, at $30 a set they’re cheap enough. Ordered them up, if I don’t like the look when I put them on the gun I’ll get some kind of bone/ivory set from Spresser
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Grips showed up today. I wouldn’t normally comment on it but I’m compelled to mentioned these were beautifully packaged and presented.

They look gorgeous, excellent fit and finish and the inlays feel solid. They’ll be ready to go on the gun once I get it back, which should be any day now…
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#23]

The shop sent me pictures of the completed grip installed on the Pug and it’s absolutely glorious everyone! It should be on the way back to me this week!

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://i.gifer.com/4x6h.gif

The shop sent me pictures of the completed grip installed on the Pug and it’s absolutely glorious everyone! It should be on the way back to me this week!

View Quote

Post them damnit!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Post them damnit!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.gifer.com/4x6h.gif

Post them damnit!!

Soon
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#26]

That’s weird…Every time I try to post the photo it comes out all dark and grainy…??

Final payment made, it’s shipping today
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Can’t wait.

Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2022_07/F87A1C84-0D14-4441-858C-D12C52DE7346.jpeg.6b78e9d5d5ef1fb017c29ee9d92817b0.jpeg

That's weird Every time I try to post the photo it comes out all dark and grainy  

Final payment made, it's shipping today
View Quote
Or... you're just teasin' us!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Screw it I was going to wait until it got here and I could take more pictures but I can’t hold it any more, here are the pictures the shop sent me:

PUGSLY VON KNUCKLEDUSTER LIVES!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice!
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Screw it I was going to wait until it got here and I could take more pictures but I can’t hold it any more, here are the pictures the shop sent me:

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2022_07/9F6E885F-E136-4EA7-915F-F97E57F683AC.jpeg.ee8e7d5d1cb8ff2a78ffade210cf6132.jpeg

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2022_07/266F2D69-088B-41BA-AF22-089C6B02B343.jpeg.fde27f3411699507102546a7005a4415.jpeg

View Quote

Congrats man, that came out really beautiful.

Bragging rights for sure at any range you show up at with that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2022_07/9F6E885F-E136-4EA7-915F-F97E57F683AC.jpeg.ee8e7d5d1cb8ff2a78ffade210cf6132.jpeg

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2022_07/266F2D69-088B-41BA-AF22-089C6B02B343.jpeg.fde27f3411699507102546a7005a4415.jpeg

In that sense it’s very similar to the original Apache pistols, just a little gangster man jewelry
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Super cool
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#36]
That’s really cool and great work! Glad to see it came together after this whole time. The shop going to sell them for us clone builders?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Ladies and gentlemen - The Apache Pug:

Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 7/7/2022 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#39]

For anyone wondering NAA lists the unloaded weight of the stock “The Dude” variant Pug at roughly 6.4 ounces. This is a little chunkier than that. Still will sit in a pocket in my basketball shorts very comfortably without pulling them down though!
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That’s really cool and great work! Glad to see it came together after this whole time. The shop going to sell them for us clone builders?
View Quote

Anyone is welcome to ask Wright Armory about doing the same work to their gun, I have no claim over the design of the knuckle grip or the installation process. Just be aware of the sticker shock before you ask though…

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 7/7/2022 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2022_07/4F24409E-491C-49A0-8F34-BAB90E73ED21.jpeg.8d670a3370103e02ece3d781ca9364a3.jpeg

For anyone wondering NAA lists the unloaded weight of the stock “The Dude” variant Pug at roughly 6.4 ounces. This is a little chunkier than that. Still will sit in a pocket in my basketball shorts very comfortably without pulling them down though!
View Quote

You getting kydex for it?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Anyone is welcome to ask Wright Armory about doing the same work to their gun, I have no claim over the design of the knuckle grip or the installation process. Just be aware of the sticker shock before you ask though…

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Good work costs, and it’s badass art man, enjoy!!!

I have handmade ivory grips and a solid 14k gold front sight. I’ve spent too much on too little and I would do it again in a heartbeat
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I forgot the best part - This build and project was funded in its entirety down to the last cent by the government! The Pug and custom knuckles were paid for using Trump and Biden stimulus bux Thank you .gov!
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2022_07/4F24409E-491C-49A0-8F34-BAB90E73ED21.jpeg.8d670a3370103e02ece3d781ca9364a3.jpeg

I’m thinking more along the lines of a black leather belt pouch would be more fitting than some kydex? Plus with the SAO trigger I’m comfortable with the more soft-sided carrier. Either way that’ll be a little further in the future.

Taking it to the shooting range this weekend, expect more pics and videos then! If anyone has any specific requests for things they’d like to see or ask just let me know and I’ll do my best to satisfy your curiosity
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have handmade ivory grips and a solid 14k gold front sight. I’ve spent too much on too little and I would do it again in a heartbeat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Oh yeah, very much you get what you pay for - and I am very pleased with what I’ve received back from the shop
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks great!  And, what price satisfaction?

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:06:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Looks great!  And, what price satisfaction?

View Quote

I’m not sure what you’re asking? How much did it cost?
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Nice i may see what it would run after conversion and add scrollwork  and plating I Need a  blingblingbangthunk.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Nice i may see what it would run after conversion and add scrollwork  and plating I Need a  blingblingbangthunk.
View Quote

That may yet be in store for this project, but for now I’m just enjoying the current state as it is
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Aesthetics aside, the ergonomics on this thing are spot on for my hand size. The finger stalls are perfectly sized for my fingers, all the edges have been rounded and smoothed comfortably - except for the outer edges of the strike face on the knuckles, perfect for helping to tear and lacerate when used kinetically. The grip feels natural and the wood palm swell grips rest perfectly into the palm of my hand. There are no sharp corners of hot spots anywhere the metal contacts my skin.

After a bit of practicing with each hand as well I’ve come to the conclusion that the gun still feels most naturally when held in my right hand, which is my non-dominant side. This is the same as before the modifications when the gun just had the short two-finger grip. It feels much, MUCH better with the ability to firmly grasp the gun and hold on more tightly
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top