BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would love to see that A-frame but I get it.
I'm thinking of trying them in .429's.
View Quote

I ordered some of these to give a try for next year.  I figure I should be able to push them to 1350 fps, without breaking a sweat.

GT Bullets 325 grain gas check hollow point
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Those 325 grain hollow points finally showed up.  They're ridiculous :)

I'm going to try them with 23.0, 23.4, 23.8 and 24.2 grains of H110 and see what happens.  I'm looking to get 1350 fps or so.  A 9mm 150 grain HST looks cute next to them.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be interested to see how they work out.
What medium are ya planning to test them on??
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be interested to see how they work out.
What medium are ya planning to test them on??
View Quote

I guess the short answer is "whatever deer crosses my path."  I'll chronograph and maybe shoot them through multiple jugs of water, just to see what it looks like, but this is probably as close to a "can't fail" combination, on Ohio deer, at 25 yards or less, as it comes.  Provided I do my part.

For example:
- Bullet doesn't expand.  So what.  Did you see the size of the meplat?
- Bullet expands so hard the front of it peels away.  So what.  The pieces will make their own wound paths, and there will still be 250 grains or so of the "trunk" still penetrating.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not gonna lie... shooting this wasn't fun.  That was with 24.2 grains of H110.  I'll probably back off to 23.8 grains.  Velocity was still a little over 1300 fps, and was more consistent, shot to shot.  Cases were still falling out of the chambers.

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Settled on 23.6 grains for right around 1300 fps.  Ammo for next season all loaded.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top