Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2017 11:37:36 PM EDT
Does anyone have an idea as to what a 3" S&W model 27(.357) barrel is worth? To clarify it is the barrel I am inquiring about not the complete gun.
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone have an idea as to what a 3" S&W model 27(.357) barrel is worth? To clarify it is the barrel I am inquiring about not the complete gun.
Thanks in advance
View Quote

It will sell for $75-100 pretty quickly, if it's in mint condition, it could possibly bring $125-150.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It will sell for $75-100 pretty quickly, if it's in mint condition, it could possibly bring $125-150.
View Quote
Pinned barrel, high end of the range.

There were some non-pinned 27s made in the early 1990s any maybe some replacement barrels too.  Not as valuable.

Apologize if I am preaching to the choir, but it's worth pointing out that you're going to need to match that up.  Pinned frame = pinned barrel, unpinned frame = unpinned barrel.

EDIT: Read this as 3.5" barrel.  I don't think there were any 3" pinned barrels so you probably don't need to match it up ;)
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pinned barrel, high end of the range.

There were some non-pinned 27s made in the early 1990s any maybe some replacement barrels too.  Not as valuable.

Apologize if I am preaching to the choir, but it's worth pointing out that you're going to need to match that up.  Pinned frame = pinned barrel, unpinned frame = unpinned barrel.

EDIT: Read this as 3.5" barrel.  I don't think there were any 3" pinned barrels so you probably don't need to match it up ;)
View Quote
No you don't need to match it up.

You can put a pinned barrel on a non-pinned frame, and if your smith is qualified to replace a barrel he can easily put a non-pinned barrel on a pinned frame, its extremely simple.

The bottom line comes down to demand, and sadly demand is low for an item that is hard to replace without proper tools and training.

Sure you can ask $200 for it, and it'll sit in ebay for years.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Throw it on gunbroker at a penny and let the market decide.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it a factory 3 inch barrel or a cut down to 3 inch barrel?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
It's factory, not a cut down
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]
A factory barrel for a M27 it should be 3.5inch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top