Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2017 4:59:30 PM EDT
At a new to me gun shop that I haven't been to yet.
A new 4.75" SAA 3rd Gen, .45 Colt, with an additional set of Stag grips that were installed on the pistol.
Price is under MSRP by $200.
Now, I did not get a good look at it other than the tag or ask to see it as I was headed out the door.
But, I could swear it was all blued with no color case hardening on it anywhere.

Does that sound correct to anyone or were my eyes playing tricks on me due to the stag grips.
I will have time to look it over again possibly this weekend or early next week.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm by no means an authority on the subject but I've never seen a 3 rd gen. which is blued and doesn't have case hardened coloration.
Colt website doesn't have them listed either, of course Colt custom shop will do anything, but generally not for less than msrp.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Should be case hardened if a true SAA. Could be the Cowboy model?

ETA: Found a Wiley Clapp model in Blue.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Multiple custom shop runs of third gens in full blue. I own a 5.5 full blue 45 acp- custom shop box label a engraving
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:35:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I found a pic on a full blue online. While I really want to own a Colt someday, the full blue just doesn't do it for me.
Attachment Attached File

I will continued to look at Taylor's and Co. or Cimmaron for now I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top