Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2017 3:18:33 PM EDT
Local shop has this, with box and accessories for $649.

Fo or no?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say yeah.  If it's in good shape.  But keep in mind, they're not meant to have a steady diet of .357 of 125 grains and under.  Or so we're told.  

I dig those 2.75" barrels though.  I think it's a great gun.  I have a 6" and it's a fantastic shooter.  But it doesn't balance as nice as a 4" or less barrel.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the timeing on the cylinder.  To do so make sure its empty. pull the trigger be sure the cylinder stop locks at the bottom of the cylinder before the hammer falls - do so for every chamber.  Older guns often had timeing issues this causes them to shave lead throw it out the  side of the forcing cone to left or right.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
There was some mention of 357magnum cases not ejecting fully due to the short ejector rod.
A solid push with the cylinder vertical to the ground should solve this IF it's an issue.
My 3" md.66 does not have this problem...
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
How is the finish ? correct box serial numbered to the gun ? correct tools ?
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#5]
If in good shape, sounds like a definite no brainer fo at that price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top