Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2017 7:48:03 PM EDT
Freedom Arms 454 Casull. Never seen one engraved before. Has been fired but not much. Any guesstimate on value?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Old school lot of custom work engraving and gold plating?  Premier or Field Grade I saw no mention on the box.  My 454 Premier with numerous options/ trigger job/jeweling/express sights/45 ACP fitted cylinder was $2K in 2007:

ETA I bet FG in model # = Field Grade...any paperwork on the Engraver and Plater?
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Traditionally any high grade engraved firearm looses most of it's enhanced  collectors value once it gets any noticeable shooting wear on it .

That being said FA makes some super well made highly desirable shooters and they command pretty high price tags even as used guns.

If you shoot a plated engraved revolver much it is going to look worn pretty fast
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The model designation FA454FGFS can be broken down to: Freedom Arms .454 Casull Field Grade Fixed Sights.  I do not think that the engraving is adding anything to the value but rather is reducing it by 10 to 20% from the average used price.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like Granite Climber fell off his thread
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like Granite Climber fell off his thread
View Quote
Just crashed back in!  Finally got to see the gun in person and it was engraved by a local guy who has since passed away.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#7]
So what are they asking for the revolver?  I was thinking about having my FA engraved a while back and a few of the web sites would not work on them due to the "toughness" of the steel for engraving.  Is it gold plated too looks so in the pictures?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
No gold plating that was just the camera lighting. Revolver went for $1300 and had a group of locals wanting it
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Engraving, especially when not a factory option, gets to be a tricky thing to put a price on, kinda like custom murial paintjobs on cars. If it's a well known artist, it might pull a significant premium otherwise you'll just have to find someone who really enjoys the work and decide what they're willing to pay for it.

It might be a slow mover and actually cause the pistol to take a lose compared to an untouched factory example.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#10]
$1,300 is fair price/deal.  Thanks for the interesting post.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$1,300 is fair price/deal.  Thanks for the interesting post.
View Quote
$1300is dirt cheap for any Freedom Arms revolver.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

$1300is dirt cheap for any Freedom Arms revolver.
View Quote
Not for a Filed Grade with local engraving. Premier Grade almost always commands more money especially if the warranty card is still "live" to claim the lifetime owner warranty.  Field Grade only has a one year warranty and lower grade finish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top