Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2017 10:27:01 PM EDT
I came across an import-marked (Century Arms) Model 19, 4", blued (made in 1980 according to the seller). I couldn't find anything about these online, except for a few threads on ex-Japanese police Model 10s imported by Century (maybe a few 19s in the batch?). No police markings that I can see from the detailed photos he sent me.

Does anyone know the story on the imported 19s?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Ironic you mention this. I just picked up a beautiful 681 smith that has the same import mark electro penciled/stamped on the barrel
I read somewhere that many of these came from Australia. Police service or something, and were then imported here.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#2]
While there may be some history of rather specific contracts for police S&W revolvers with special features (Peruvian crest model 10's 38 special chambered 586's for Brazil as a couple of the many examples) the vast majority of foreign use guns were simply guns ordered from stock with no special features and would therefore not necessarily have unique marks of foreign use.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 of the model 10's from the Japanese police sale. They are marked on the left side. There was also some Taurus and a few Rossi revolvers in the pile. My dealer had over 200 of the pistols and all were .38's I would have loved a .357 for the price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top