Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2017 4:46:17 PM EDT
I found this Colt P.P. Special in .32-20 today. Very sound. As best I can tell it was made in 1921. I love the little Police Positives.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
appears to be very nice. caliber will be somewhat of a pita but I suppose it won't be a every day shooter.

I like revolvers in general , old school really floats my boat.

May I ask what type of venue and price ?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
LGS....I traded straight-up for a also-ran Swedish M38 Mauser.

It complements my S&W in the same caliber.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice find OP.  I owned a rough old Police Positive in .38 S&W once.  I still kinda miss it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Used by none other than Paul Kersey, as played by Charles Bronson, in "Death Wish."

His was chrome.

They fit my hand great, but I never broke down to buy one.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Beauty.   Expensive to shoot if you dont handload.   I would like to have one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't shot mine yet.
I really want different grips, but I can't find any aftermarket co. that made larger grips for this frame.
If anyone knows of any, or a even a grip adapter made for this specific model, let me know.  
Ammo is everywhere; Black Hills, HSM, Win., Rem., Ten-X, Ultramax.

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't shot mine yet.
I really want different grips, but I can't find any aftermarket co. that made larger grips for this frame.
If anyone knows of any, or a even a grip adapter made for this specific model, let me know.  
Ammo is everywhere; Black Hills, HSM, Win., Rem., Ten-X, Ultramax.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/apollotop/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20stuff/DSC01937_zps353c8fbf.jpg
View Quote
Check eBay, I found a set of SILE made PP stocks, and a Pachmayr spacer for my .38 Special small framed PP.

I had a set of Fitwell plastic stocks I put on the .32-20 to save the rubber grips as they won't take much abuse.

The trouble with the FitWells or other old plastic stocks is that they shrink with age.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

If you are looking for a holster for a 4" small framed PP the the Hunter 1100-17 is a perfect fit....There should be something in the Hunter 1100 line for a 5" but I don't know what it would be.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice.

I've got a 6" PPS 32-20 that belonged to my great grandfather.

Mine was also made in 1921 if I remember correctly.

Haven't shot it in years, I should dig it out and run a few through it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top