Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Gratuitous pic of my 625-8.  I have more rounds through this revolver than any other handgun I own.  It is that much of a favorite!

Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may already know some or all of this, but before you remove a revolver sideplate make sure you have good, proper fitting screwdrivers.

Midway/Brownells have basic N-frame disassembly videos, watching those will be a big help to a first timer.

I think the youtube videos on removing the lock are most if not all J-frames, you'll want to know how to break down the N-frame, even tho the flag removal is the same in both, getting to it is a bit different.

Then, just pull out the flag (the part that actually locks the hammer) and re assemble. You can clean out any gunk while you're in there and lube.
View Quote
Thanks JT! Yes, I have some really nice Smith-ing tools and more screw drivers than a man should! Thanks for the advice as I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hummmm.....reminds me of these two used revolvers that I bought way back when. Jeez, I've never even gotten around to shooting them.  Oh well, maybe someday.

Mod 625 .45 ACP
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/ma96782/Handguns/SampW625-245ACP5inch001.jpg

Mod 25-9 .45 LC
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/ma96782/Handguns/SampW2545LC001.jpg

Aloha, Mark
View Quote
Wow, what a pair! That .45LC is something special for sure. I'm a little envious of that one for sure! Thanks for sharing sir!
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to sidetrack, too much, but what rifles/carbines are available or easily converted to 45 Super, anybody know?
That could be neat.

I tote a 329PD, so I stay around 1200 fps with 240gr XTP's, and have a light little 18" IMI Timberwolf carbine as a companion to it. Probably going to try some 300 gr XTP's next.

I think a 625/45 Super with a light carbine would be pretty handy around the place or camping or just having in the truck.

I'm already invested in 44 mag brass/bullets/guns, or I would give this a harder look.
Is 460 Rowland too long for the 625 cylinder? Inquiring minds and all that....

Either way, good luck with your new gun and there are a lot of pretty, pretty revolvers in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Could you share your favorite .45Super load detail specs with me please? ....
View Quote
http://www.realguns.com/loads/45Super.htm

http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/default.asp?Caliber=45%20Super&Weight=230&type=Handgun&Order=Powder&Source=

Power Pistol over a 230gr Speer JHP worked well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not to sidetrack, too much, but what rifles/carbines are available or easily converted to 45 Super, anybody know?
That could be neat.

I tote a 329PD, so I stay around 1200 fps with 240gr XTP's, and have a light little 18" IMI Timberwolf carbine as a companion to it. Probably going to try some 300 gr XTP's next.

I think a 625/45 Super with a light carbine would be pretty handy around the place or camping or just having in the truck.

I'm already invested in 44 mag brass/bullets/guns, or I would give this a harder look.

Either way, good luck with your new gun and there are a lot of pretty, pretty revolvers in this thread.
View Quote
Ranger Point Precision could probably build you one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That could be neat.

View Quote
Well, for a carbine/rifle... I'd go with a .45caliber AR-15 and run .45Super out of it. The chamber and (7) locking lugs of bolt will be more than strong enough to handle the extra pressure... The external dimensions are the exact same so head spacing wouldn't be a problem either. And I'd be willing to bet any lever action set up for .45ACP would handle the Super just fine but I would contact the manufacturer for sure.

The 625 is very versatile. Yes, the chamber is more than long enough for the .460Rowland and the "N" frame more than capable of handling the loading. In fact, "Clark Custom Guns" will do the conversion. The only machining needed is to mill out the cylinder for the casemouth to fit the Rowland cartridge. This is apparently a popular service/conversion they perform quite a bit. I'm so glad I bought this revolver!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you Derek45! I was on "realguns" site yesterday searching over their recommended loads and that 230 Speer JHP seemed to be the more accurate options that I'm interested in. I'm really interested in a loading for a 255-260 grain flat point Hard Cast load running @ 1100-1150fps the most. As a "Keith" style bullet of that mass and that velocity really performs on pelt and bone while retaining accuracy and more than manageable recoil from a 40+ ounce pistol. It would closely mimic Buffalo Bore's "Outdoorsman" load as well. A load that I have a couple years of experience carrying and am very comfortable with in a converted 1911. This load makes for a great woods companion as it's getting to the entry level of .44Magnum. And with the fast moon clip reloads I'm more than confident with it hiking the Nantahala Forest. I'm already looking at getting the chambers chamfered for sure... probably from Clark Custom Guns depending on if they can get it back to me in a reasonable time...
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm leaving work early today to vote a certain no resume having douchebag down and out of the Georgia running today. Afterwards I plan on taking a hefty range bag full of .45acp, .45acp+P, and 50 or so rounds of toasty .45Super from Buffalo Bore to my range this afternoon to see just how this 625 handles. I wish I had so .45Auto-Rim to try out and report back to you guys. Anyways, range report will be the next you hear from me!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Back from the range. I fired almost 200 rounds thru her. I started off with the Super's. Not surprising... they were the most accurate loads of the day. What was surprising was their recoil; it was rather soft considering. They recoiled just a touch harder than any of the other standard 230 grain .45acp I fired. The 2nd most accurate ammo was steel cased Wolf 230 grain ACP's; of which I was more than surprised. Third up was Federal HST in 230 grain, standard pressure ACP and they were just behind the steel cased stuff in accuracy of which I almost couldn't believe. The hardest recoiling ammo of the day was the Hornady 200 grain ACP +P. That easily offered up20-30% more recoil than the heavy hard cast Super. That bewildered me on all accounts. Last up was 230 grain Geco ball ammo. Let's just say I'll save the Geco for my 1911 Commander that loves them as it was the least accurate round of the day out of this revolver. All shots were fired at 10 yards on IDPA targets. This pistol is simply a smooth shooting revolver that is more than accurate enough for combat distances. I was impressed overall to say the least. Reloads were a cinch as well with the moon clips as anticipated. A couple members commented on how fast I was able to reload a revolver. I've just found my "Woods Gun" and my woods load for now is BB's .45 Hard Cast Super's, (until I can work up a load that mimics BB's that is.) I was the most comfortable shooting this load of the lot today!

I'm surprised at how easy a stainless gun cleans up/wipes off... even shooting dirty Wolf ammo... All in all I'm happy to have a reliable, quickly re-loadable and dedicated .45 Super.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#11]
You'll probably end up with a couple or several holsters for it, but I think everbody ought to have a Remora or a Sticky holster for their N Frame, they are cheap, and usefull for a lot of things.
Not for primary use, but you'll find all kinds of occasions and situations where they come in very handy.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gratuitous pic of my 625-8.  I have more rounds through this revolver than any other handgun I own.  It is that much of a favorite!

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/bungib/PublicFolder/Guns/SW625-yellow2.jpg
View Quote
Mine are NEON Green on my 686
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You'll probably end up with a couple or several holsters for it, but I think everbody ought to have a Remora or a Sticky holster for their N Frame, they are cheap, and usefull for a lot of things.
Not for primary use, but you'll find all kinds of occasions and situations where they come in very handy.
View Quote
This one is on the way and will be here by the end of the week. What sold it was that it rides high of which I really like. I also ordered a belly band holster for it. If it doesn't work then I'll use it for my P-01 or one of my S&W M36's. I love total concealment!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a 5" 625 45 ACP in the early '90s.  I really wish I still had it.  I looked on Gunbroker to find another one a little while back and was shocked at the prices.  They want more for those old 5" ACPs than I gave for my 6" 610 and my 5"625 45 Long Colt.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

All this talk about holsters for these pistols is very interesting.  My 625 is, I believe , a Custom Shop model with a ported barrel.  "CS" in the serial number and all that.  A very accurate handgun, and a benchmark against which I test all my similar handguns.  My NM Colt 1911 beats it, and my Ruger P-90DC meets it in accuracy.. Truth be told, my early Ruger P-90 might have a BarSto barrel.

I've gone through a few iterations of the cylinder release lever.  Stock lever pad is too small, but others are too big.

Let's keep the holster discussion going, please.
View Quote
Oh man, I'm probably the most picky (most anal) of all N-frame holster cats on the planet.
And I'm on an ongoing quest for the highest riding 4" N frame holster available. I open carry most of the time in rural NW AZ, but I do want to conceal the heater at times in town. And high/tight really helps me to not bang/scratch up my revolvers even just working around our place, getting on/off a forklift, in/out of truck, toting whatever junk I tote, even with no covering garment.
When I do cover it, it's almost always with my standard Carhartt or Riggs t-shirt size L, so not extremely long shirts.
There are a ton of really nice holsters available.
When I look at holsters on the webs, I find a picture of one with a revolver in it, then lay a straight edge (folded piece of paper, envelope, whatever) across the top of the belt loops, and note the amount of cylinder showing below. Just as a guage as to how high the holster rides.
If there is a N frame holster out there that rides higher than the Galco Combat Master, I want to find it.
And I'm not particularly a Galco fan, not affiliated in any way, it's just the highest I've found....so far.
I know that it doesn't matter to most who carry a big S&W, but it does to this one man : )
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh man, I'm probably the most picky (most anal) of all N-frame holster cats on the planet.
And I'm on an ongoing quest for the highest riding 4" N frame holster available. I open carry most of the time in rural NW AZ, but I do want to conceal the heater at times in town. And high/tight really helps me to not bang/scratch up my revolvers even just working around our place, getting on/off a forklift, in/out of truck, toting whatever junk I tote, even with no covering garment.
When I do cover it, it's almost always with my standard Carhartt or Riggs t-shirt size L, so not extremely long shirts.
There are a ton of really nice holsters available.
When I look at holsters on the webs, I find a picture of one with a revolver in it, then lay a straight edge (folded piece of paper, envelope, whatever) across the top of the belt loops, and note the amount of cylinder showing below. Just as a guage as to how high the holster rides.
If there is a N frame holster out there that rides higher than the Galco Combat Master, I want to find it.
And I'm not particularly a Galco fan, not affiliated in any way, it's just the highest I've found....so far.
I know that it doesn't matter to most who carry a big S&W, but it does to this one man : )
View Quote
It matters to me too, to have a high riding, comfortable, easy presenting holster as well. I looked at the Galco Combat Master and it's a good candidate. But to me, (and maybe I'm wrong), the "Azula" I linked to above appeared to ride just a bit higher and that's why I went with that one. If it doesn't ride high enough... it will be returned. I'm actually more excited about the belly/body band holster I ordered than anything. I don't think it will be comfortable for a big "N" frame revolver but for a slab side semi-auto or a "J" frame... it just might be the best thing since sliced bread. It arrives tonight!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I shoot well.  Especially, double action only with revolvers.  And, I have shot some accurate guns in my life
I have shot Nighthawks, Ed Browns, Wilsons, Clark Wadcutter 1911's which are nice and accurate
HK USP 45F undoubtedly one of the most accurate guns
Sig 210 NICE in 9MM
625 VERY NICE especially with 200gr SWC 5.4gr of 231/HP 38 or the Marine Corps load with a Nosler 185 in Win Brass with Win Primer and N310 UFDA!
HK MK23 VERY NICE Shot the best I have ever shot and even with Ball ammo.  Might not be a tuned wadcutter gun, but it was outstanding at chewing the x ring out of the target.

All I have to end with is.  The smile on your face will speak volumes!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I shoot well.  Especially, double action only with revolvers.  And, I have shot some accurate guns in my life
I have shot Nighthawks, Ed Browns, Wilsons, Clark Wadcutter 1911's which are nice and accurate
HK USP 45F undoubtedly one of the most accurate guns
Sig 210 NICE in 9MM
625 VERY NICE especially with 200gr SWC 5.4gr of 231/HP 38 or the Marine Corps load with a Nosler 185 in Win Brass with Win Primer and N310 UFDA!
HK MK23 VERY NICE Shot the best I have ever shot and even with Ball ammo.  Might not be a tuned wadcutter gun, but it was outstanding at chewing the x ring out of the target.

All I have to end with is.  The smile on your face will speak volumes!
View Quote
This is a pistol that I'm gearing up to load .45Super for. I'm going to load for it just a tad above Buffalo Bore's recipe... so 255-260 grain Hard Cast truncated cone bullet @ 1150fps feels like it will be the 625's perfect load. The BB bore felt the best recoil and was certainly the most accurate of the range day. Shooting the 200 grain +P Hornady's was surprisingly the hardest recoiling of the test group Tuesday... and I'm not very sensitive to recoil. The heavier the bullet the better the 625 feels. This is true of all handguns I own irregardless the caliber; whether a vintage M36 Smith, to 9mm aluminum framed CZ's, and the most hated of ARFcom... the red headed 40 caliber. Maybe it's just me...

My South African "Azula" holster is arriving today of which I'm excited for! Pics and a review of it later!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#21]
The Azula holster was at my door when I got home today. I immediately tried it on with a canvas style belt and my rain-proof fishing pants. It's been awfully wet here this week and I have an almost 1 mile walk each way from my parking deck to my office during the work week. So I tried the holster and pistol on with what I was already wearing. This holster/pistol rig rides nice, high, and close to my body. The holster is very well made, stitched in all the right places, firm and fitted specifically for a 4" "N" frame. The pistol retainment is nice. I don't see the pistol jostling loose during a quick sprint, walking, or riding/seated... as it takes a nice yank to present the pistol itself. Standing, kneeling, or sitting the holster keeps the 625 close to the body, high, and most importantly, comfortable! A holster that's uncomfortable is one that isn't worn as we all know. With slacks, khaki's, or jeans on and (a proper gun-belt), like my leather "Beltman" Bullhide belt w/internal stiffener; I can easily see the holster/rig will be even more comfortable and even more able to ride a hair higher than in the below pics, (which is exactly what I was after.) The 15* can't is about perfect for me! Although I've not tried it yet... I'm sure this holster can be worn in the cross-draw position if desired. For me, for now, it feels about perfect at 3:30... Now for the pics!

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#22]
That is a great looking rig!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That is a great looking rig!
View Quote
Thanks Mic! Our daughter had a swim meet tonight so take out was a mandatory. I arrived @ Allesio's Pizzaria to pick it up and the order never got processed. I waited almost 40 minutes at the bar; seated and had a beer on the house. The whole time I was comfortable and barely noticed it in the same outfit in the pics. More importantly, nobody else noticed it! The "N" frame is a big pistol lets be honest. It's not even broken in yet and I was able to comfortably step into and out of my wife's Jeep Rubicon on 35's that I borrowed because I didn't want to fill up my Explorer tonight... It will only get better when broken in and wore with my gun-belt. This rig carries just as well as my 1911 Commander. This is my "Woods Gun!"
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Good looking gun. I keep forgetting to order some BB super ammo for my Springfield.

I carry my 4"Redhawk in a horsehide scabbard by Kramer. It carries surprisingly well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good looking gun. I keep forgetting to order some BB super ammo for my Springfield.

I carry my 4"Redhawk in a horsehide scabbard by Kramer. It carries surprisingly well.
View Quote
Thanks 03RN! You and I have similar tastes in carry practices and firearms I've noticed... This 4" "N" frame really is well balanced in the hand and recoil is no more than my 1911 Commander, pretty light actually. They feel similar in a way shooting which I never would have thought. I didn't know how I'd feel about a stainless revolver (my first stainless pistol ever), but it's really growing on me. It was a cinch to clean up after firing all the inherently dirty Hard Cast lead Supers and the Wolf steel case ammo.

The Azula holster and "Beltman" Bull-hide belt really make carrying this pistol comfortable as I almost forget I'm wearing it at times. They are a great combo that rides the pistol high and close to my side at the 3:30 position.

I'll order another 100 rounds of the Super from BB. That should be enough to get me thru until I complete piecing together all the reloading press pieces to mimic Tim Sundle's 45Super formula. I've saved all my Starline Super brass for the last 3-4 years... I think a 255grain HC pill consistently running 1150fps out of this revolver is easily doable and still comfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My Model of 1989 would be the last revolver I would part with.

Liking it so much I invested some time into making it even more to my liking...

A target hammer & trigger, like from a 629 I installed.

Polishing the forcing cone to reduce leading.

Chamfering the back of the chambers to enhance speedy reloads.

Being a fan of the old red ramp & white outline sight picture, I added those.

And I went with the polymer full moon clips a long time ago, easy to load and unload and are holding up well.
View Quote
As to polishing the forcing cone... would you mind posting a pic or three here of the FC and explain how you did it. I noticed mine is a tad rough but nothing to complain about.

Chamfering... I've thought about it as well. I've practiced loading, ejecting, and reloading a couple hundred times in anticipation of spending the 4th with the family at our mountain home. Will Chamfering affect the case head support enough to matter when shooting higher pressure loads like the 45Super? I'm guessing no or no serious shooter would do it.

Polymer Moon's? I've never seen them. I'm having good luck with the TK Customs and Ranch Products in regards to keeping their shape and being in spec. Do the polymer moons do something better than the steel ones? Thanks for posting as you've piqued my interest in the upgrades you've done to your Mountain Gun. Feel free to post pics as I'd love to see this bad ass revolver you have...
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thanks 03RN! You and I have similar tastes in carry practices and firearms I've noticed... This 4" "N" frame really is well balanced in the hand and recoil is no more than my 1911 Commander, pretty light actually. They feel similar in a way shooting which I never would have thought. I didn't know how I'd feel about a stainless revolver (my first stainless pistol ever), but it's really growing on me. It was a cinch to clean up after firing all the inherently dirty Hard Cast lead Supers and the Wolf steel case ammo.

The Azula holster and "Beltman" Bull-hide belt really make carrying this pistol comfortable as I almost forget I'm wearing it at times. They are a great combo that rides the pistol high and close to my side at the 3:30 position.

I'll order another 100 rounds of the Super from BB. That should be enough to get me thru until I complete piecing together all the reloading press pieces to mimic Tim Sundle's 45Super formula. I've saved all my Starline Super brass for the last 3-4 years... I think a 255grain HC pill consistently running 1150fps out of this revolver is easily doable and still comfortable to shoot.
View Quote
I've talked to sundles a few times and conversed with him a lot on the kifaru forums. He knows his stuff. I love his ammo and used his .45 Colt stuff a lot to figure out what my guns liked before I started to workup reloads.

I need to find out if I can use my .45 Colt bullets (255) for my loadeds super loads.

I've used a 255 grainbullet  over 18 grains of 2400 to kill a lot of deer and a few bear. I figure its going around 1100-1200fps. 1500fps from my 16" 92. Now that is a thumper.

I've been jonesing for a mountain gun for a long time. I do find the Redhawk gets a little heavy after a while but then I do have my Blackhawk.

I have absolute confidence in a good bullet at that speed against anything cept maybe the big bears
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've talked to sundles a few times and conversed with him a lot on the kifaru forums. He knows his stuff. I love his ammo and used his .45 Colt stuff a lot to figure out what my guns liked before I started to workup reloads.

I need to find out if I can use my .45 Colt bullets (255) for my loadeds super loads.

I've used a 255 grainbullet  over 18 grains of 2400 to kill a lot of deer and a few bear. I figure its going around 1100-1200fps. 1500fps from my 16" 92. Now that is a thumper.

I've been jonesing for a mountain gun for a long time. I do find the Redhawk gets a little heavy after a while but then I do have my Blackhawk.

I have absolute confidence in a good bullet at that speed against anything cept maybe the big bears
View Quote
Oh yeah, Sundles definitely knows his stuff... I would never trust my  70's "J" frames with heavy hard cast loads from just anybody. But Buffalo Bore's ammo is quite predictable and performs well. If the overall length and diameter of the .45Colt bullets are the same as a .45Super (I don't see why they wouldn't be), then I would say definitely load them in .45Super brass. And I would want to take something bigger into brown bear country but if this "N" frame is all I had I'd be comfortable with a 255grain @ 1150fps. Did you see the pics of what Sundles 9mm hard cast Outdoorsman load did to that Grizzly? And from a Smith 3954... a 3rd gen compact Smith at that. If I were Phil Shoemaker I might have stained me shorts in that one... but would have fired to slide lock before realizing it. That was my "Woods" load for a while in an SP-01 Tactical. I like the control-ability of the .45Super with Sundles recipe... maybe with another 50fps it makes for a sure and competent woods thumper!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Nice!

If you bench it what kind of accuracy do you get at 25 yards?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Nice!

If you bench it what kind of accuracy do you get at 25 yards?
View Quote
I only went out to 12 yards out max. At my gun range, Sharpshooter's, they have gone digital with the display and target system. But I was stitching rounds right atop each other Isosceles stance in double action with 230 grain HST's and the 255 grain .45Super's from Buffalo Bore. The Wolff did best out of the ball ammo to my surprise; I never had much use for steel cased ammo until this year. But it shoots well in my M-36's, 1911, CZ P-01, and now this "N" frame. Next range trip; Friday, I'll bench it at 25 yards and see what kind of groups I can get out of it single and double action. I can't wait until my reloading set-up is complete. I plan on emulating Sundles .45Super loads. They're perfect pelt thumpers for the woods!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#33]
We decided to go to the family Mountain Home for the 4th weekend on Saturday (the reason for buying the 625 initially.) So I'm headed to the range tomorrow to shoot off another 200 rounds as to get real comfortable with it. I'll be carrying it loaded with .45Supers this weekend; so 2-3 cylinders of the Supers will go thru the pistol in addition to 230 grain HST's and Golden Sabres and a healthy dose of steel case .45acp as well. Range report up for tomorrow!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#34]
The 625 might be the best non-magnum big bore revolver ever made. Amazing accuracy and soft to shoot everyone should try one too see what they are missing.

Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The 625 might be the best non-magnum big bore revolver ever made. Amazing accuracy and soft to shoot everyone should try one too see what they are missing.

http://i.imgur.com/XZSDyqe.jpg
View Quote
They really are fantastic and very versatile. Even shooting BB's .45Supers it shoots very manageable recoil wise; definitely my favorite revolver of the bunch that I own. Nice pair btw. Thanks for sharing the pic!!! More are welcomed...
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like it's time to tell PhotoSucket to kiss a fatty... I just noticed all my pics are held hostage for ransom... Thankfully I found "Imgur". Pics will be back up shortly with range day number 2.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Since you mentioned a 3 inch 44 Mag, I thought I'd add a couple of pics of one of mine. It's an Astra Terminator, a Spanish copy of the model 29 with a few differences. Hollywood loved these things, Clooney used one in "Dusk till Dawn".

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/IMG-1379-233507.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/IMG-1378-233506.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/IMG-1382-233510.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/IMG-1381-233509.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33552/IMG-1380-233508.JPG
View Quote
That's awesome!
Didn't know such a thing exists.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mine's a little different flavor.

I had a 625 Classic for years but found it to be just a little too big and heavy for my tastes.

The Model 22 is perfect.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3903/15238744811_d41d1fd7a1_b.jpg20140914_094019 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5570/15129895028_c887c33ce9_b.jpg20140921_222918 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr
View Quote
Really wish S&W was still making these. Is yours nickel?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Here's another unique variation of the 625......the V-comp.  Not too many of these floating around out there!  Definitely a fun shooter!

Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I put a Smith&Wesson 625-2 on layway.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top