Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2017 11:08:48 AM EDT
Don't know much about this stuff,  should the cylinders have any markings that could tell me what they came off of?

Do all the small parts appear to be revolver parts as well?  thanks!

Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#1]
yup, mix of colt and S&W wheelgun pieces..... looks like mostly colt, and a 1911 spring, firing pin and fp retainer thrown in for good measure.......    did you find all this in an old coffee can?  looks like a gunsmiths junk/swapped parts box.....
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
pretty much,   this and some grips.

I'll cull the 1911 stuff for my 'coffee can' stash and move the rest.

thank you for the ID help!
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never owned or worked on a Colt, I can say definititivly, though, that the only S&W item in that picture is the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#4]
You wanna sell me that Colt revolver bolt?  I think that's what it is.....  It's the wide V, the top one.  The barrel looks like a model 60 / 642 barrel.  But more like a 60.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never owned or worked on a Colt, I can say definititivly, though, that the only S&W item in that picture is the barrel.
View Quote
Agreed.  Looks like an unpinned J frame barrel.

Colt parts can be pretty valuable.  Find an exploded diagram (maybe on Numrich's site) and put them up on eBay.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#6]
If you live in the Phoenix area look up Frank Glenn.  He is one of the better known revolver and Colt smiths in the country.  He could tell you exactly what you have and may be interested in buying the parts off of you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top