Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2017 8:49:49 AM EDT
I am looking for a good IWB holster to carry my 642, I carry at 3-4 O'clock. I am looking for either leather/Kydex or just leather.

Does anyone have experience with THIS Bullhide holster?

Thanks, Andy
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I carried my 442 in a cheap uncle mikes for a long time.  But it wasn't really the right size for it.  It is for a medium auto and it kind of swallowed up the gun.  I actually kind of liked that because it hid really nice that way.  But made the draw a bit more difficult than a holster that rides a little higher.  That was at 4 oclock.  

Now I carry it AIWB in a Galco leather holster.  I'm not even sure of the name of it but it works perfectly.  That particular holster I didn't really like at 4 oclock.  Well, with the grip I use.  I use a bigger grip than a boot grip.  Hogue Tamers.  So it prints and sticks out more.  If I just had boot grips on it, it would probably be just fine at 4 oclock.  

Those are the only two holsters I have experience with.  

The Galco is marked: C139L STO158

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Kramer makes awesome stuff.  Spendy.  Go figure.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I carried my J in a Crossbreed AIWB holster at the 130-2 o'clock position. Very comfortable, love that holster. Little spendy for what it is though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I swear by these Cleveland holsters. I first got one for my 642 and liked it so much that I bought one for my Glock 19. In warmer weather the leather is right up against bare skin because I pull my shirt out to cover it up, and it's so comfortable that I sometimes forget I'm carrying. I carry at the 4 o'clock position.

http://www.clevelandholsters.com/
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Just picked up a vanguard holster from raven concealment for the 642.  They had it part of an overrun sale, so I grabbed it up. I like how minimal it is, very comfortable. I have actually been searching for one forever, they only seem to offer it for Glocks on their website. 
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carried my J in a Crossbreed AIWB holster at the 130-2 o'clock position. Very comfortable, love that holster. Little spendy for what it is though.
View Quote
Is it tuckable?  Off to their website I go.....

Seems like the clip would end up right on a belt buckle.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry my J-frame in a Bladetech
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Side Guard holsters.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#9]
El Paso Saddlery makes an inexpensive rough out leather holster with a metal clip. I carry my 649 on a regular basis and it disappears.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:57:50 AM EDT
[#10]
DeSantis Intruder
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is it tuckable?  Off to their website I go.....

Seems like the clip would end up right on a belt buckle.....
View Quote
Yes it is tuckable. With my J-frame the clip would be at my 1230ish, to the right of my belt buckle, but the left of the first belt loop. This put the butt of the stocks right above my hip bone. It was very comfortable, and concealed exceedingly well.

I tried doing the same with my shield, but the end of the grip printed way to much so I had to move the entire holster to the right. Putting the clip to the left of button on my pants.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#12]
642?

Pocket carry in a Nemesis.

It's 99% of the time a BUG to a larger gun for me... but damn if that Nemsis isn't a great holster for the 642.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top