Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2017 11:53:58 AM EDT
I shot my new to me tracker for the second time today. Last time I fired 50 of my mid-range hand loads and some commercial "cowboy" loads. No problem. This time, I shot several cylinders of 44 magnum factory .44 240 tcfp rounds.

The gun locked up after two shots of double action fire and I noticed the crane was unlocked in the gun. Weird.

I fired maybe 30 more of these factory rounds double action and I made dead sure the crane was latched when I loaded the remaining 5 cylinders full. I got no more unlocking of the crane. The gun fired fine"and brisk!" From then on out. I then noticed four of my primers looked strange. I have attached a pic.

What could be causing this? I got no failure to fires after the crane unlocked on the first cylinder. This is a 2.5" Taurus Tracker .44 Magnum, non-ported. It kicks very stout.

Link Posted: 6/5/2017 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Reminds me of what this guy was experiencing with his S&W 329PD...

329PD
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like the firing pin is bouncing.  Strange .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top