Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2017 1:08:44 AM EDT
Need some input from anyone.  Found a S&W 36 with original box and manual.  Not sure of year of manufacture and would like some input of value.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:11:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Type of finish? Barrel length?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I have seen the S&W j frames haven't  gone up in price like the K, L or N frame 357

They seem to go for $400 to $500
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I have seen the S&W j frames haven't  gone up in price like the K, L or N frame 357

View Quote
dash number and condition are important.

An early S&W 36 in excellent condition with box will easily go for well over $800.

If it's a flat latch or one of the early round trigger guard 36's it'll go for even more.  

If it's a more recent 36 and in only average condition then $400-$500 is more likely.

Pictures and details will help you get a better answer.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If you post the serial number prefix, someone will tell the date of manufacture.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

An early S&W 36 in excellent condition with box will easily go for well over $800.

If it's a flat latch or one of the early round trigger guard 36's it'll go for even more.  

If it's a more recent 36 and in only average condition then $400-$500 is more likely.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This! Exactly this! I bought (3) "J" frames this year. (2) were mint from 76' and 77', both round butts, matching serial number original stocks with cylinder lock up as tight as I've ever seen/felt. No box, or docs; I paid $600 for each of them. The third one I bought was 90% condition with no box or docs... bought for $500. Pics posted and we can help you out even more OP...
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is a pretty accurate assessment me thinks. I saw a pretty nice early flat latch sell pretty quick for $550 with no box or papers recently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top