Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2017 8:31:25 PM EDT
Nor do I really know anything about them (other than I assume being the predecessor to the more modern and familiar 637), but I wandered into one of the local gun shops and fell in love with it.  So I impulse bought the shit out of it.  

It's in pristine condition inside and out, no dash, no lock.  I just love the look of a 3 inch barrel on a J frame, and I couldn't believe how light it is.  Oh it does say airweight, I'm not sure if all of them were airweights or not.  

Thanks for looking!

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet piece of Smith and Wesson goodness. I woulda' impulse bought the crap outta that wheelgun.

Ballpark price range, if you don't mind?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man.  I gave 350 plus tax, which I believe came out to around 378ish.  I dunno if that's a good price or not.  Also I realized my picture is kind of blurry.  Maybe I'll get it out in the sunlight tomorrow, just for my own benefit.

ETA: It didn't have the box or manual or anything with it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow!  Good deal- I'd have grabbed that in a heartbeat.  You don't see too many of 37s for sale and even less so the 3" guns.  Those pre-Scandium guns are not +P rated IIRC; I've also seen arguments saying it was OK to carry them but not to shoot many though the gun.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice find!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:03:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks man.  I gave 350 plus tax, which I believe came out to around 378ish.  I dunno if that's a good price or not.  Also I realized my picture is kind of blurry.  Maybe I'll get it out in the sunlight tomorrow, just for my own benefit.

View Quote

Great pick up, excellent price.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Better pics

Tho only flaw I can find is the little bit of wear at the muzzle on the right side

No dash

If anyone has any idea about when it was made let me know

Clean inside and out (had a hard time keeping the pollen off of it for the pictures though, it's bad right now!)

Love hammer-mounted firing pins

Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen!  I'm not going to carry it so it definitely won't see any +Ps... If I do shoot it it will just be something nice and easy, probably a 125 over 5 grains of W231.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice 37. Good deal on price. GTG with +P for SD but would not use on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Beautiful 37. All 37's were marked airweight on the barrel. I second the notion of only limited plus p if any at all. Plenty of good non plus p defense loads out there if you decide to carry it. These old smiths are FAR more elegant and stylish then the stainless crap offered today. As you may guess I detest stainless and prefer old blue steel or in the case alloy and steel. Under 400 sounds like a great deal to me. I am having trouble finding any old blued steel smith classics anywhere in my area.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet!!!!!!   That is a great find and an excellent price.  That is a keeper.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#10]
It's an excellent price.  That's a $500 revolver around here....
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#11]
With some J-frame targets and a T-grip that would make a nice "top of the fridge" gun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:55:35 PM EDT
[#12]
My M37.  I carry it often and it's my car console gun.

Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
If it looks as good as the pics appear... you stole it from the "shop!" Nice square butt M37 for sure. Do yourself a favor. Either get a Tyler "T-grip" for it or a good aftermarket grip from Altamont or the likes. Those stock "Magna" grips are pretty and conceal well but they ain't no fun to shoot more than a couple of cylinders full. Easy fix though bro! I have a pair of M36's... (2" versions of your M37.) They are a complete joy to shoot now!

Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If anyone has any idea about when it was made let me know
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/88turbotime/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20170301_094820179_HDR.jpg
View Quote
Made in 1982 according to the Standard Catalog of S&W.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Very nice, I always though the airweight on the barrel of these looked like an afterthought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top