Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2017 12:15:14 AM EDT
Just picked up a new 586 and put 100 rounds 50 158gn .38 and 50 158gn .357 which was a blast but the side of the knuckle of my middle finger was not too happy. I grip it as high as I can so the trigger guard rest against the side of the knuckle.

Is my grip wrong or is it the shape\size of my hand or the stock wood grips?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Wood grips are for show, Rubber grips are for shooting. 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wood grips are for show, Rubber grips are for shooting. 
View Quote

I know what you are saying for sure MCB... And I used to feel the same way; until VZ and Altamont came into the picture. I'll post pics later of my 2 J-frames that have become a joy to pull the trigger on! Until then... OP, check out THIS link.

Pics as promised OP. Both grips are from Altamont. The blued Chief's Special wears their "Combat Grips" and conceals 90% just as easy as the stock "Magna's" that originally came with the pistol. The difference being the pistol is now 200% more enjoyable to shoot. If a pistol sucks to shoot then it becomes hard to get good with it because you won't practice with it. These grips handle warm 158gr loads very well! Altamont's options are vast. Hope this helps OP! Now for the pics! Enjoy...
Before:

After:
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! Those grips are sweet. it looks like the geometry will place my middle finger is a better position. I like the silver black spanish diamond.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top