Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2017 3:41:11 PM EDT
I've seen a few of these in pictures s well as an OD colored one.  The main stream black Stealth Hunter is easy to find, but does anyone know more about production availability on the silver SH's?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is silver - matte bead blasted.

The previous owner didn't like the black finish and had the Custom Shop blast it off. There's just a hint of black left in one of the cylinders.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Pic?

Cost to make that happen?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#3]
S&W made a few small runs of stealth hunters without the black finish before they made the stealth hunters. They were not called stealth hunters. I have a 6" and 7.5". the 6" came magnaported from the factory. They recently made a run of them in 44 mag and .357 mag called the Competition Model. MY 6" has a single digit serial number.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
S&W made a few small runs of stealth hunters without the black finish before they made the stealth hunters. They were not called stealth hunters. I have a 6" and 7.5". the 6" came magnaported from the factory. They recently made a run of them in 44 mag and .357 mag called the Competition Model. MY 6" has a single digit serial number.
View Quote

Do you mind posting a pic?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]
That thing is sexy!  

What would be the best way to get the current black model mirrored to that brushed look?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Crap that's awesome. I lost interest when they went to fluted cylinder. Love unfluted cylinder revolvers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Crap that's awesome. I lost interest when they went to fluted cylinder. Love unfluted cylinder revolvers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agreed.  They do look clean
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That thing is sexy!  

What would be the best way to get the current black model mirrored to that brushed look?
View Quote
Factory, or a competent refinisher, matte bead blasting AFAIK?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top