Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 2:55:38 PM EDT
I am looking to buy one for my next pistol just looking for some feedback. Thanks John
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun in an interesting caliber.  Not doing to well in the local market place.  Ammo cost and availability are a major down side right now.  If you reload, go for it.  If not, you might consider 38/357.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah ammo was my concern. I might still pick one up though. Already got enough 38/357 pistols.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked one up about six months ago after I shot the one my co-worker owns.  Mine is the 3 inch model but would snatch-up the older 4 inch 32 magnum model if I could find one.  

GREAT 32 caliber handgun ! !

I reload so ammo is not a problem.  Use mostly 32 S&L Longs and 32 magnum ammo.

Wifey is not a real big gun nut but often goes to the range with me and another family.  She always asks " Did you pack the 32 Ruger ? ? ?"    She'll burn up 100 Longs and then 50 magnums.

Like I said - GREAT 32 caliber handgun ! !
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:38:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one, myself.  It's a very nice gun.  The trigger could use some work, but it's certainly normal for Ruger triggers.  I've had a few problems with extracting .32 H&R cases from mine.  The chambers are loose enough that, when the spent case gets most of the way out, it may slip around the extractor claw.  This isn't a huge hairy deal, as I'm quite fine shooting the full-power .327s.

I was handloading for .32 H&R before I bought this thing, so it just required me to move my dies out a little.  It leaves a little bit of bulge near the head of the case, but since that bulge came out of my chamber, it goes back in without an issue, too.

Ammunition is plenty available in my area.  There's a store that, if I didn't handload almost exclusively, I could count on to have the Federal American Eagle 50 rd boxes.  I think I saw that brass is available, now, too.

It's not your father's .32
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:55:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I love the gun.  You will get used to the trigger with practice.  It is a great CC gun.  I typically shoot .38 since 357 is so expensive.  But, it is nice having the option on caliber.  I did change my grip to a hogue.  easier to handle that way with my big paws.

Hope this helps

Matthew
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top