Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/30/2003 9:18:05 PM EDT
Where is everyone?
MKII's are the best pistol ever made.
Speak out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:28:33 AM EDT

Where is everyone?

Out of town (at least I've been). Two categories of MKII owners: those who swear by tham and those easily outsmarted who swear at them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:39:14 AM EDT
I have been buyin' 'em since the MKIs were real cheap.
I found after owning darned near every other make .22 pistol available, I keep returning to the Ruger.
The list includes a Whitney, a MAB, a few Berettas (model 70, 21 and 76), numerous Hi-Standards, Llamas, a couple Jennings, an Erma, Smiths (2206, 622, 422, sportsman), Stars, an Astra, an Iver Johnson TP22, a Sterling 302, lots of Brownings (from the Nomads on up to the Buckmarks), even a Unique...I still have a few MKIIs for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:25:48 AM EDT
Anothergene: There must be a very good reason for that, dont you think?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:27:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/12/2003 6:27:48 PM EDT by eddiesar15]
I love my MkIIs,Ive got a red dot on my stainless,and can get some pretty accurate shots off with that one.
I just wish I could say the same out of my open sight MkII,Ive installed painted Millet sights,but still dont care for the sights-------------------oh well
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:51:44 PM EDT

I love my MkIIs,Ive got a red dot on my stainless,and can get some pretty accurate shots off with that one.
I just wish I could say the same out of my open sight MkII,Ive installed painted Millet sights,but still dont care for the sights-------------------oh well

Millet sights SUCK and offer little, if ANY, improvement over the factory setup. The best iron sight I've found yet has been the all-steel from Bowen Classic Arms. Easier to see and nice fine click adjustments.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:06:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/16/2003 2:14:41 AM EDT by Sheldon]
Does Bomar still make a nice one for the MKII? I have a n.i.p. BMCS-2 model I'de love to swap for the MKII version.

I have 3 of the 5 1/2" Target models so you know I like them. The last one I got was a blued one with a SoLow mount and a nice Tasco PDP2 red dot sight. It's a fun little setup and a friend I have been taking to the range as of late ....loves that thing and can shoot it well. Here's a pic of it.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:23:33 PM EDT

Does Bomar still make a nice one for the MKII?

I think they did at one time, but not currently.

Here's what the Bowen sight looks like:

They used to be fairly reasonable, but due to poor sales, Hamilton Bowen has made them a special order item only (about $100 each now, versus $60 when they first came out). I guess some people didn't make the connection with him and auto pistols after all of his revolver work.

Volquartsen also make a nice-looking rear sight (I've never handled one), but theirs require the entire sight base be replaced.

They list a retail of $69.
Top Top