Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2003 11:08:00 PM EDT
I have a Ruger Mk512, I really dont shoot it alot. But one day I went and put a bunch rounds thru and I wanted to clean it. I started to strip it down. Now I got stuck. I used a paper to pull out the little lifter thing that sits behind the grip. I pulled straight down on it and got that part out. Now I can not get the slide out. I cant even out the part it and have a functioning pistol. I hope this made since if not let me know. I thought there was a little trick.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I can'r help you, but you may want to try the Ruger Forum. (www.rugerforum.com) They have a
rimfire section, I'll bet someone there will know.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger MKII PDF manual

Basically, make sure that the hammer is in the "fired" position.  If the bolt doesn't come out, then pull the trigger again (even if the mainspring is out) and listen for the hammer to move.  It needs to be in the "uncocked" position.  Once it's that way, the bolt should pull right out.

To get the top end off, you MAY have to smack the back end of the pistol with a plastic hammer, or smack it on a block of wood.  New MKII's are pretty tight.  Putting it back together would probably entail smacking the muzzle with the plastic hammer, or on the block of wood.  That's what I have to do.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Gloftoe,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top