Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 5:53:12 PM EDT
anyone with any experience with these?  my nephew just bough one, against my advice.  he has very little pistol time in, and is thinking he'll shoot it with .45 LC until he wants to jump up to .454.

flcracker
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used the 454 for several years. I have owned the Taurus Raging Bull (my first), a model 83 Freedom Arms(my second) and a 45/454 SRH(my third). The SRH is a good Revolver as long as you keep the chamber pressures under 50K, this will get you close to 1500 fps with a 335 cast bullet. Either case (45 Colt or 454 Casull) can be loaded to 60K chamber pressures so it really doesn't matter which case you use. The 45 Colt can be loaded anywhere from a 255 Gr. at 800 fps to a 335 Gr. cast at 1600 fps. Your nephews choice will cover a lot of bases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top