Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/27/2006 6:54:04 PM EDT
Was playing with my 10/22 the other day and now i have a hankering to turn it into a pistol. The only way i know of doing this legal is if i get a stripped reciever that has never been installed in a rifle. Only complaint is the cheapest ones i have run into are 200 bucks. Any advice ideas on this?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:00:52 PM EDT
nevermind. I found the info i was looking for right after i posted.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:02:37 PM EDT
Please share.
I have been wanting to do this too, but have found the same problems.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:26:50 AM EDT
well ill tell you what i found out. I found that volquartsen pretty much makes this but it is called the cheetah and about a grand . cheetah
The applicable laws are exactly the same as making a AR into a pistol. Aslong as the reciever is sold from factory or dealer and has never been installed into a rifle, You can make a pistol out of it. I have a feeling you already knew this. The big delema is where to get a cheap 10/22 reciever. I have not looked to hard on this but i can do a little more research and probably find you a source. The reality is that you will be building a nicer/higher quality Tec-22. If you are not familur with this gun (i know i was not until a little while ago), they are fun and beter then most people give them credit for. Also they only cost 200 bucks. Way less then this project will cost. I extimate min cost of 500 bucks. IM me or post if you have any more questions.
jimmy
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:31:25 AM EDT
Walmart can pick up a new one for $150

They must have bought a couple tractor trailer loads at bulk price then selling them 50-60 dollars cheaper than the competion.

Of course the Galax Walmart here is the top gun selling walmart in the country........
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:36:53 AM EDT
that if for the rifle. Once i gun is registered as a rifle it is always a rifle. turnign it into a pistol who make it a SBR and illegal without proper paperwork and taxs. A pistol can be made into a rifle and then back into a pistol as long as it follows the rules of both. For some reason this does not go the other way around. You have to buy a reciever that has never been assembled or registered as a rifle. All completed guns from walmart left the factory as a rifle and are registered as such. Big no no turning one into a pistol
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:40:24 AM EDT
100% Correct.

I picked up the Volksquarten receiver. Not cheap, but a fun toy. All in all, with decent mags, it's a good toy. but that's about all.

Originally Posted By jimmy_hat01:
that if for the rifle. Once i gun is registered as a rifle it is always a rifle. turnign it into a pistol who make it a SBR and illegal without proper paperwork and taxs. A pistol can be made into a rifle and then back into a pistol as long as it follows the rules of both. For some reason this does not go the other way around. You have to buy a reciever that has never been assembled or registered as a rifle. All completed guns from walmart left the factory as a rifle and are registered as such. Big no no turning one into a pistol

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:46:57 AM EDT
woohoo i got something right!!!
Nam, for what it cost and effort, would you not agree that a tec-22 is a much cheaper easier way to go?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:01:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jimmy_hat01:
woohoo i got something right!!!
Nam, for what it cost and effort, would you not agree that a tec-22 is a much cheaper easier way to go?

If you can find one, yes. It's alot of plastic, but it works.

The advantage with the 10/22 pistol is the mods. There's tons of mods out there that you could use. I don't know of any aftermarket mods for the Tec-22.
Top Top