Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:52:03 AM EDT
Long story short, my Trailsides' slide bit the dust, sent to factory for repair 2 months ago, called yesterday, still no part for repair. ( Trailsides have been discontinued, already getting hard to get parts). They are going to give me a full refund, now I have to decide between heavy barrel ( 5.5 inch) Ruger or Browning heavy 5.5. Any and all input greatly appreciated.

Chief
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:54:10 PM EDT
the ruger is a better gun than the browning. The buckmark is good, but the ruger is better.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:12:54 PM EDT
Have shot several thousand rounds thru both. Our club had several of each. Both good guns each with their own quirks.

As a rule the Rugers seem to hold up better. Accuracy is equal. Trigger may have a slight advantage to Browning. More after market mods availible for the Ruger, ie Volquardsen. Grip angle and pointability is an individual thing, try both on for size. Reliability is a toss up, maybe a very slight advantage to Browning. Cleaning and field stripping is easier on the Browning. Blueing holds up better and looks better on the Browning. Blueing has never been a strong point on any Ruger. More variations availible on the Browning. Ruger is probably cheaper tho I haven't priced either in some time. Sights equal. Ruger has been around a lot longer, must be doing something right. Ruger customer service is excellent, never had to use Browning's so I can't really compare.

Both good guns. See which one fits you the best and go with it. Can't lose with either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:03:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Have shot several thousand rounds thru both. Our club had several of each. Both good guns each with their own quirks.

As a rule the Rugers seem to hold up better. Accuracy is equal. Trigger may have a slight advantage to Browning. More after market mods availible for the Ruger, ie Volquardsen. Grip angle and pointability is an individual thing, try both on for size. Reliability is a toss up, maybe a very slight advantage to Browning. Cleaning and field stripping is easier on the Browning. Blueing holds up better and looks better on the Browning. Blueing has never been a strong point on any Ruger. More variations availible on the Browning. Ruger is probably cheaper tho I haven't priced either in some time. Sights equal. Ruger has been around a lot longer, must be doing something right. Ruger customer service is excellent, never had to use Browning's so I can't really compare.

Both good guns. See which one fits you the best and go with it. Can't lose with either.

+1! Well said
Top Top