Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 2:25:36 PM EDT
I have been holding off getting one but I have to do it, my disease is telling me to buy one.

So I have been told that the MKII's are the best in the series right out of the box and the MKI's need work, and I haven't heard too much on the MKIII's.

I would like find out what you guys think about the different pistols. Pro's, Con's, and what you would get/have and why.

I plan on putting a PAC-LITE top-end on it shortly after getting it to use my Pilot on, so I am looking for a solid gun.

My plan is to look around at pawn shops to see if there are any "Diamonds in the Rough" like the 10/22 I turned into a custom.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:52:03 AM EDT
My personal opinion is to look at the 22/45 MKII. I like the MKII better than the MKIII just because the grip has a better feel to me. The MKIII just isn't as comfortable. The 22/45 has better ergonomics to me than the standard MKII.

Others will likely disagree.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:41:12 PM EDT
I have heard some bad things about the California jury rigging done on the Mark III. You might want to check into this before jumping into a Mark III.

When you get one. Enjoy then let us know. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:48:10 PM EDT
Now I am wondering how the internals of the 22/45 are compared to the MKII's? I had heard the the MKI's triggers suck pretty bad and really haven't heard much good about the MKIII's. I'm just now hearing people talk about the 22/45's but I don't know much about them so any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:51:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mrrogers1:
Now I am wondering how the internals of the 22/45 are compared to the MKII's? I had heard the the MKI's triggers suck pretty bad and really haven't heard much good about the MKIII's. I'm just now hearing people talk about the 22/45's but I don't know much about them so any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

I'm the same way now. What I think Ilike is the clip release no longer being on the bottom.

Do the 22/45s use different Clips than the Mark I, II, IIs?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 2:38:46 PM EDT by deez]

yes, the 22/45 mag is different

see the link below

Ruger Accessories
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:40:33 PM EDT
Ruger MKII Target, in stainless, with the 5" bull barrel. Awesome shooter, good balance.

I have the 6 7/8" slabside, its a bit long, but I like it too.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:41:49 PM EDT
I got a 22/45 target model mark III for Christmas. It's a nice shooter, however it has so many safety mechanisms its almost as if whoever made it was completely sure I was both retarded, and that I stored my guns on the front steps of my house.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:45:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deez:

yes, the 22/45 mag is different

see the link below

Ruger Accessories

Hey thanks. I also notice it looks like the I, II, and III mags are all different. You learn something new every day.

Thx!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:54:28 PM EDT
Anyone with a 22/45 have a Pac Lite upper on theres? I was talking to one guy who said that for some reason, his upper is loose on the 22/45 lower and is fine on the MKII lowers.

Does anyone know if this is common? Also, anyone with both the 22/45 and MKII that can tell us about the trigger pull and actions in comparison?

These are my 3 main concerns since this gun will certainly be a host for a Pac Lite top end and I want a real shooter.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:20:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 3:21:11 PM EDT by Mrrogers1]
Top Top