Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I must be lucky, or Ruger fixed the 7 shot design.

I've had zero trouble with mine.

I shoot nothing but 357 mag handloads, no need for 38 special

I load them mild to wild and have been watching for trouble.

I shot 2 big gallon zip lock bags thru it when I got it, mixed brass, never had one bind.

broke her in HARD, shot it like I was trying to melt it.

This gun is strong and rugged.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger just emailed me telling me they were willing to swap the gun out said the knew 7 shot will work.  We shall see as I still have the ammo that was giving me issues.  Said it will be up to two weeks
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the 5" GP100, absolutely love it. Balances like the 4" but longer sight radius and better muzzle velocity, without the muzzle heavy feel of the 6".
View Quote

Do you have the stainless or blued?

I’ve been looking for a SS 5” because I don’t have a wheel gun
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:36:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Very interesting.  I had given up on getting a 7 shot model because of the binding issue.  Time will tell I guess, hopefully they figured it out.  Hopefully they learned a lesson if this is the case.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Very interesting.  I had given up on getting a 7 shot model because of the binding issue.  Time will tell I guess, hopefully they figured it out.  Hopefully they learned a lesson if this is the case.
View Quote

I should know in a couple of weeks.  It's been one week since they agreed to swap out the gun lady said likely two weeks before it ships. First thing I am going to do is shoot a box of the blazer brass and see what happens.  I will follow up and let everyone know.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Do you have the stainless or blued?

I’ve been looking for a SS 5” because I don’t have a wheel gun
View Quote

Stainless.   Absolute beauty of a gun.  Came with the large rubber grips, I immediately swapped to the regular rubber with wood inserts.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I should know in a couple of weeks.  It's been one week since they agreed to swap out the gun lady said likely two weeks before it ships. First thing I am going to do is shoot a box of the blazer brass and see what happens.  I will follow up and let everyone know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got my replacement GP100 about 4 weeks after they agreed to swap it.  My old 7 shot was made in 2018, maybe they fixed the issue but I didn't want to risk the hassle of having to send another gun back.
I'm guessing the reason why some 7 shots are good and other aren't is due to tolerance stacking.  Plus it doesn't help that it seems Ruger is having customers do their quality control for the last decade.  FWIW my new 6 shot appears to be good to go and trigger is very good.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well I got the new gun and it fires blazer brass 38 special, which my old one would get rim lock on so they fixed something with the new ones.  Fit and finish was pretty good I pulled it apart and the internals were polished better than the old one before I took polish and a Dremel to it.  It was filthy though they obviously test fired it and didn't clean it, but no biggie on that.  It squeaked something awful when I got it but after a good lube and a few hundred dry fires it went away.  Cylinder gap looks really tight but I didn't check it
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't need it, and really want a 4"
.357 Magnum rather than 6", but I'm picking this up for $500 next week.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#10]
In better shape than originally thought.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#12]
GP100 is my favorite double action revolver, they're built well and accurate and not terribly expensive (not cheap either these days).   I've had them in all calibers (except 327) and my only one right now is a 44 Special.  Can't go wrong, oh I did have a 7 shot GP100 and unfortunately it was a dud, it wouldn't eject 357 Mags.  I'd stick with the 6 shot version just to be safe, I've never had an issue with those.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I sold my Dan Wesson 8" heavy lug 357 and had wanted another 357. Bought a GP100 4" SS. Do not miss the DW anymore. With 158gr SP mag loads I shot 4 out of 6 shots on a 12" metal plate at 100 yards. Loading up a pile of 158 HC bullets, and some 180 HC also. She is a fun one to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had 2 GP100 stainless models (4" & 5"). I sold my 5" because I needed the money at the time, but it was a great revolver. I still have the 4" and it's not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've had 2 GP100 stainless models (4" & 5"). I sold my 5" because I needed the money at the time, but it was a great revolver. I still have the 4" and it's not going anywhere.
View Quote

The three and five inchers are on my want list!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Bought mine in early 2019--4in SS--immediately swapped out those hideous rubber Hogue grips for old style Ruger rubber/wood grips and changed out the front sight for a fiber optic one.

My SP101 is more accurate but the GP isn't going anywhere.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top