Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#1]
New Wrangler Birdshead edition now available.  Anyone thinking about getting one?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New Wrangler Birdshead edition now available.  Anyone thinking about getting one?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I got this one a little over a week ago.  Have not shot it yet though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47660/2030_jpg-2240448.JPG

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much did it run ya?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very nice.  Talo versions are mostly "sold out" across the board.  

Let us know how it shoots and what you think of it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up a silver original Wrangler yesterday.  I'm going to replace the grips and maybe get a leather holster for it.  I'm excited to get it out shooting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
We love ours.  I'd use it for steel challenge if I could load it faster.  You can thumb it empty fast.   Ihave the silver with a set of Blackhawk grips on it.   Its nothing gorgeous but its fun
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We love ours.  I'd use it for steel challenge if I could load it faster.  You can thumb it empty fast.   Ihave the silver with a set of Blackhawk grips on it.   Its nothing gorgeous but its fun
View Quote

Yeah I finally replaced my plastic grips with wooden black ones from the Ruger store. They had a great sale, 50% off.  

Wood grips look and feel so much better than OEM plastic grips.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up this one yesterday at my LGS.  They were having a sale on them.  $169.  Couldn’t pass it up.  I’ve got to say it’s a super fun little shooter.  I fired into some cardboard boxes just to see where my poi was and then was hitting steel plates at 60 yds pretty easy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I picked up this one yesterday at my LGS.  They were having a sale on them.  $169.  Couldn’t pass it up.  I’ve got to say it’s a super fun little shooter.  I fired into some cardboard boxes just to see where my poi was and then was hitting steel plates at 60 yds pretty easy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43482/6CF3CE97-74B0-4F74-9CA2-CCAA4BEFD499_jpe-2392585.JPG
View Quote

That's a great price, you got lucky.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's a great price, you got lucky.
View Quote

~$200 out the door is pretty standard.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked one up and I’ll have to call Ruger on Tuesday.  Mine is key holing with Federal Auto Match and CCI SV.   It’s doing it with about 50% of the rounds.   It’s still cool and for the price I’ll deal with having to send it in.  I might grab another one while it’s out because I was still having fun and able to ring larger steel plates.

I gave it a really good cleaning with Boretech rimfire and some JB bore paste
I’ll check it before I call since it was pretty fouled. Only had maybe 100rds but rimfire is dirty especially with a single action.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 8:46:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Anybody still shooting their wranglers?

Looking to get a set of fake stags for mine currently
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.  Single Action slo-mo load/unload means less ammo use.  Nice way to conserve your stockpile but still plink away.

I got my Wrangler black grips from ShopRuger.com, 50% off.  They have smoking hot sales every now and then.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a Wrangler for my daughter for her BDay. Brought it home and it was keyholing. I sent it back to Ruger and they stated it was unrepairable, but they were sending me a new one.

I just picked the new gun at my LGS and it has the same exact problem! It was the wood grip/grey finish model. I'm assuming they gave me one from the same crappy batch.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Three years after my initial post, I’ve got one again! I’ve owned x2 previously but trade or sold them off

Thankfully just traded into an FDE version which I really like
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Bronze is the best wrangler color.   Been looking for the shorter version in bronze as a nice combo
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone have pictures of their bronze wrangler with aftermarket grips? I hate the stock plastic ones, but I'm unsure what would go well with the bronze color. Right now I'm thinking the black laminate ones ruger sells may be the safest bet, but I'm sure there are other options.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 11:58:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I agree 100%.  A six gun with a safety is an abomination.  Every one of them should subject to exorcism and then smashed into tiny pieces.  Those pieces should then be melted down and made into a permanent memorial to the designers of the original six guns that profusely apologizes for such an egregious, unnecessary and downright despicable addition to what has always been as perfect a design as could be created during that point in history.

That applies to lever guns as well.  *shudder*
View Quote

I would subscribe to your newsletter.
Go Pokes!
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've got some left over elk antler sheds.  Might have t make a grip for mine.

Doc
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

Since Altamont hates money, I bought these ABS grips from eBay. I don’t hate them
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Well the price point is  interesting .

I am pretty much out of the decision as I have several each decent semi auto and double action rimfire guns. I also have a blued single six with the magnum cylinder. I bought this from a estate in decent shape about 8 years ago for $135 .

I expect the outcome of these cheaper Rugers is the finish on any that get much use is going to go to hell down the line . Not sure the triggers and actions will hold up either. I have to wonder if instead of dropping $200 for one of these many guys would do better to save up and spend $400-$500 on a used single six if one could be found for that?

I find I have to be in the right mood to shoot the single action as it is so darn slow to punch out the dead brass and reload . I guess some guys like the slower pace but mostly it drives me nuts.
My primary use is at pistol clases that I teach
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well the price point is  interesting .

I am pretty much out of the decision as I have several each decent semi auto and double action rimfire guns. I also have a blued single six with the magnum cylinder. I bought this from a estate in decent shape about 8 years ago for $135 .

I expect the outcome of these cheaper Rugers is the finish on any that get much use is going to go to hell down the line . Not sure the triggers and actions will hold up either. I have to wonder if instead of dropping $200 for one of these many guys would do better to save up and spend $400-$500 on a used single six if one could be found for that?

I find I have to be in the right mood to shoot the single action as it is so darn slow to punch out the dead brass and reload . I guess some guys like the slower pace but mostly it drives me nuts.
My primary use is at pistol clases that I teach
View Quote

My Single Six is a tank.  I bought a Wrangler for the price and pure fun of it.

I don't intend to use either for survival or protection but your point about the Wrangler is valid.  Let's see how it lasts, my guess is I won't need another anytime soon.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184182/1C1AE194-5A1D-4B2F-8030-48DD8FCB8AB9_jpe-2641491.JPG

Since Altamont hates money, I bought these ABS grips from eBay. I don't hate them
View Quote

Though I find it interesting about the Altamont bit.  I placed the order for my fake stag grips from them and had to wait like a month for them to make them.  I don't think they keep them in stock.

Then again, that was a couple years ago.  ETa: august 2019 according to this thread.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#26]

I like it. That may be the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top