Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2017 6:07:02 PM EDT
I bought Ruger LCP II at one of my local gun shops yesterday. I went straight to the range from the store. Cleaned it up some and shot 100 rds mix of Geco and PPU ammo that I had laying around. I experienced constant failures to eject, had to pull brass out of the chamber with my fingers sometimes. Went home cleaned it, put it away, and made plans to go again today. Bought some WWB and Remington FMJ, and some various self defense rounds this time around and another box of the Geco from my ammo stash. First 50 rounds or so, same experience, ejection issues. Next 50 rounds, they were less often. Next 50 rounds, no matter what I fired, it worked 100%. Mixed up rounds in the mags, still no failures. I think it just need a little break in time. Nice shooting little pistol.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad the issues worked themselves out.  I bought an LCP II a week after release and love the gun.  I might have had a stovepipe or two in the first 100 rounds, but problem free since.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one a couple of weeks ago for my wife. Put about 50 rounds through it, no problems.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had one for a few months and have probably put 3 to 400rds through it without a single problem. If yours keeps shooting fine I would chalk it up to break in, but if it starts doing it again, send it in for repair.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had one for a few months and have probably put 3 to 400rds through it without a single problem. If yours keeps shooting fine I would chalk it up to break in, but if it starts doing it again, send it in for repair.
View Quote
I will go run some more rounds through sometime later this week. If the problems continue, I will send it in. But, I think it is ok now. I really tried to make it fail at the end of my range time today, rapid fire mag dumps, purposeful limp wristing, it just kept on running. I can't tell you how it grouped, because I was shooting steel plates and hitting a high percentage of them. Even knocked a few down!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats

If i could make myself add another caliber i would have bought one of these. I love the size.

I'm stuck with the monster lc9s pro as a pocket gun
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought an LCP II and had the same thing happen at the range last weekend. I didn't clean it first though. I was running Remington UMC and almost every magazine through it would have at least 1 FTE. Sometimes the empty casing would still be in the chamber. I gave up after 10-12 magazines. Brought it home and cleaned it, and picked up some Federal ammo and will try again this weekend.. I figured it could be a break-in period, ammo, or the fact that I didn't clean it before shooting. Hopefully with some different ammo and/or running some more rounds through it, things will smooth out. If it doesn't smooth out after another 100 rounds I think I will send it back to Ruger for evaluation. Bummer because I really like this little thing otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Took the LCP 2 to the range again today. Shot 50 rounds of Federal with no malfunctions. This made me think the Remington UMC ammo was the problem the first time out. So I shot half a box of UMC and had no failures either! Ran another couple magazines of HST through as well with no issue. Feeling much better about the LCP 2 now and for such a tiny gun its actually fun to shoot.

I was also testing another recent purchase at the same time. Pretty much opposite ends of semi-auto pistols in terms of size!

Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been itching to pick one of these up. I have the original, and think it sucks. Shot a LCP Custom, and it was 10x better. Therefore, I would asssume, this is an even better improvement.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]
You should. Watch for a deal for one through. I got mine for $209 shipped from buds. Its a strange because buds had them for $275, then down to $209, now up to $281. I've been carrying mine in a $12 ankle holster and you forget its even there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You should. Watch for a deal for one through. I got mine for $209 shipped from buds. Its a strange because buds had them for $275, then down to $209, now up to $281. I've been carrying mine in a $12 ankle holster and you forget its even there.
View Quote
My LGS offers it for $229.99 every day, Cabelas wants $299.99. Even if I got it for $209 from Buds, cheapest transfer is $20.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 3:50:02 AM EDT
[#11]
After a few more times at the range, this little LCP II has been pretty much flawless. It is kind of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Great little pistol. I have had mine for a couple months now. Picked it up on a PSA daily deal. I have probably about 300 rounds through it. It is smooth as silk.

I did buy a handful of the 7 round magazines for it, it adds about .75" to the bottom of the grip, and my oger hands feel much better around it. My accuracy improved. Unfortunately the mags are not that cheap, I think I paid $25 a piece.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I am looking to get one sometime soon.............need something small for the pocket
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Got one this week.  Didmt clean it and it ran flawless.  It is actually fun to shoot which really suprised me.  ran 100 cast 95 lrn, 50 hornady ftx and 50 s&b fmj.  The one thing i don't lime is if is the last predictable brass ejection i have ever seen.  It literally thows brass 360 degrees from a foot away to ten feet away.  But no failures and the trigger is great.   The barrel slide frame lockup is pretty sloppy compared to a sig but its definitely accurate enough for its purposes.   Rapid fire from 10 yards on a 6" circle was easy and you can keep 4 pieces of brass in the air.

Fun pistol!

Eta:  it does shoot about 1.5" high at 10 yards.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#15]
bought one yesterday from KYgunCo. Hoping to get it by Friday. I live 3 hours from Bardstown, KY so hoping it arrives next day from when ever they ship it.

Sold my LCP Custom to get it. You trade a little in width for a better trigger and a last round slide lock. Seems like an easy choice.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I like the little LCP II. Good shooting gun. Sounds like yours needed a break in period. Mine ran perfect with Fiocchi ammo out of the box. Had issues with Sig practice ammo though with the empty shells not ejecting. But I found it was just the ammo. Also ran perfect with Federal HST rounds for defensive ammo.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought an LCP II last Thursday and sent it back to Ruger Monday.  I could not go through a magazine without a FTE. The fired case would get stuck parallel in the chamber.  I wasn't limp wristing.  I tried 3 different mags, 3 types of defensive ammo, and 3 types of FMJ.  Super accurate and the ergonomics are so much better than the CW380 I traded it for.  I sure hope Ruger fixes it the first time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought an LCP II last Thursday and sent it back to Ruger Monday.  I could not go through a magazine without a FTE. The fired case would get stuck parallel in the chamber.  I wasn't limp wristing.  I tried 3 different mags, 3 types of defensive ammo, and 3 types of FMJ.  Super accurate and the ergonomics are so much better than the CW380 I traded it for.  I sure hope Ruger fixes it the first time.
View Quote
Sorry to hear the that.  Keep us posted but I bet Ruger takes care of it.  I have sent my share back recent the but I got lucky on the lcp-ii
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I received the pistol back from Ruger today.  At least I know it wasn't me.

They replaced the barrel,extractor, extractor plunger, extractor spring, AND the magazine.  They test fired with Black Hills FMJ, Fed Range TGT FMJ, and Hornady Z-Max without any failures.

I'll give it a range test in a day or two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top