Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2017 5:21:29 PM EDT
This was Ruger's response when asked why they only supply one magazine.  Pretty lame excuse.  

Shipping the LC Series with one magazine is a cost savings measure. This cost savings is passed on to you, the customer, by keeping the retail price of the pistol lower. The LC Series are designed for concealed carry purposes which is another reason why we only ship them with one magazine.

Thank you and have a good day,
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you really expect it to be something other than a "cost saving measure"?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Um that's totally understandable

The LC series is a quick self defense against petty muggers or assailants

A reload almost never occurs in that situation

If you plan on major home defense then the LC isn't the best pick anyway
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, they are honest and someone still bitches.

Just pay 30 bucks for a spare mag, add that to your original price, pretend it came with the gun for that price, and be happy you got two when everyone else got one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
What answer were you hoping for?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The typical Ruger owner I've met only needs one magazine.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
The typical (insert any brand here) owner has never needed even one. Some of them even manage to live day to day without a running gun battle or even delusions of one. There was a time in my life where I was down to one revolver and one load for that revolver and miraculously survived.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
My thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy more?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
All about meeting price point.  For what's it worth I have a spare mag for my LCP.  Haven't used it once.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I just bought some cheap ProMags for my LCPII to use at the range.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The typical Ruger Gun owner I've met only needs one magazine.
View Quote
All you have to do is watch the ee and see all the high end high speed shit that's never been fired.

I bet for every one of us that seriously shoots / trains etc a 100 don't shoot a box of ammo a year.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#12]
My LCP is the only gun I have that I only have one magazine for.

I consider it a step above a pocket knife, and it's only carried when I can't carry a Glock or HK
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This was Ruger's response when asked why they only supply one magazine.  Pretty lame excuse.  

Shipping the LC Series with one magazine is a cost savings measure. This cost savings is passed on to you, the customer, by keeping the retail price of the pistol lower. The LC Series are designed for concealed carry purposes which is another reason why we only ship them with one magazine.

View Quote

What would you consider not lame?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently lies
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wow, they are honest and someone still bitches.

Just pay 30 bucks for a spare mag, add that to your original price, pretend it came with the gun for that price, and be happy you got two when everyone else got one.
View Quote
This!!  I went to buy my wife one for Valentine's Day for $239.99.  I got rung up for $199.99.  I had no idea they were on sale.

Left the store for $230.00 before tax with a spare magazine.  Winning!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 5:03:37 AM EDT
[#17]
everyone should carry a spare mag for their mouse gun, SOP is to dump the whole magazine in the direction of the attacker and start running.  while running, reload and find cover and see if anyone is chasing you...
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Don't get out much?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top