Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2017 1:59:50 AM EDT
Have read pro vs con threads, on other forums about carring it with one in the chamber.

What say the hive?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:03:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Of course.

How else?

9.75 lbs.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Of course.

How else?

9.75 lbs.
View Quote
I think the pull weight of the trigger is closer to 5.5 lbs. to 6.0 lbs. From what I have read online, for what ever that is worth.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:58:19 AM EDT
[#3]
yes
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#4]
If its anything like my lcp it is safe as long as its holstered. I'm comfortable with it either in my vedder kydex iwb, or the Walmart uncle mikes cheapo holster in my pocket. The trigger pull on mine is more than heavy and long enough to cary. I wouldn't pocket cary with other stuff in your pocket. Keep the trigger covered and youre gtg. It took me a while to get used to carying with a round in the chamber, but now I would never carry without it ready to go.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#5]
i remember handling my first gun...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine always has one in the pipe.  I use a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
You're most likely going to be in close contact with an aggressor if you have to draw, which means you'll probably be pushing him back with your weak hand, and not able to rack the slide. It doesn't make sense to carry a gun without one in the chamber unless you plan on drawing and racking the slide from a distance, which will most likely to be considered "brandishing" and get you some jail time.

Keep it fully loaded, but never take it out of the holster until you need to pull the trigger. Don't show it to people, don't take it out in the gun store to try a new holster, etc.

That said, the trigger on the LCP-II is supposed to be lighter. If you're not comfortable with that, the regular LCP trigger isn't bad. It used to be terrible, but the current LCP's are acceptable, yet still long and heavy. The best thing about the current LCP's is that they are $200 or less right now new!
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Only way I carry mine and I'm very happy with it. Can't remember then name of the wallet holster guy but he thinks it's unsafe and therefore won't make a holster for it. Almost none of my other pistols have safeties on them and I've never had an issue. No finger on the bang-bang switch until you're ready and you don't have a problem. Practice, practice, practice.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#9]
carrying without a loaded chamber is stupid

If you can't trust it to be loaded, don't carry it at all. But a LCP II is perfectly safe loaded in a holster. 
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#10]
If you can't carry it fully loaded then THROW IT IN THE TRASH
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Loaded and ready to go.

Keep it in a holster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top