Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2017 3:55:31 PM EDT
I have a new Ruger SuperRedhawk Alaskan in 454 Casull. I have fired it a few times using Hornady 300gr XTP Mag rounds. Each time I have had difficulty removing spent casings and have had to use a rod to tap out several of them. The cylinder walls do not seem to be smooth and have rings on them.

One cylinder is especially difficult and the case seems to be bulged towards the back end. You can see the rings imprinted in the cases after firing. The case bulge is about where the rings end. Both pictures are the same casing from the problematic cylinder.

Could anyone offer some insights?

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
inside the cylinders should be very smooth

if not, call RUGER, get a return tag

don't shoot it anymore

save the brass,...they might want to see it
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Send those pics to Ruger and they will send you a call tag, so they can replace or hone that nasty cylinder. Oh and it will all be free!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top