Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2017 6:01:27 PM EDT
My thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_4/162173_Ruger_LCP__380acp_Custom_Test_Shoot___Excellent_Accuracy_and_100__Function__for_35_shots_.html

is archived or I would update it.

I see CaptDestro's thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_32/172746_LCP-Custom-380-Aftermarket-Sights.html

but didn't want to confuse it.

Went shooting last week and the front sight of my LCP-C departed the findable world on the FIRST shot after being cleaned and carried for two months off and on.  Spent 45 minutes looking 360 degrees in limestone gravel.  No hope.  The screw shaft broke off the screw head leaving a hex shaped washer with the shaft still in the front sight long gone.  One is/was on the way from Ruger to replace it.

A Glock screw type front sight fit with minimal effort.  One end radius needed polished with 600 grit cloth so it would enter.  The depth of the bottom part was thicker than the slide so the Glock bottom part needed reduced in depth so the screw would not bottom out before contacting the slide.  Fitted it correctly and tight with the screw tip flush with the top of the Glock sight.  Glock screw way more substantial than the silly Ruger screw diameter.

The Glock sight is 0.008" shorter than the Ruger front sight.  This is 1.1" change of point of impact higher at 15 yards if you do the math.  Figured it made no difference all things LCP-C considered.  The gun originally shot marginally below point of aim which was top dead center of the front sight.

Sight picture is better than factory Ruger front sight.  White nail polish on the rear ears down to the bottom of the sight notch matches the tops and dot of the Glock sight.  It looks like this:

Shot it off hand double taps and failure drills at 15-10-5 yards today:

65 rounds.  Damn thing kicks after a while.  Sight picture seemed better than usual and certainly adequate.  Plopped the rounds onto the 5 yard head shot making a hole.  The inch point one (1.1") higher impact at 15 yards was actually helpful compared to the Ruger sights.  Same center left-right.  Think I will get and fit a HiViz Glock front sight for it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Just purchased one of these guys about a month ago. Thanks for the info. I'd like to change my sight before it falls off. Wish we could have these sights with the 2.0's trigger.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock sight works just fine in Ruger LCP-C, raises the point of impact an inch.one, and is easier to see than the Ruger sight.  The Glock sight extends the sight radius a smidge forward.  The Glock sight has a better, longer screw, that goes clear through the Glock sight verticle ending dead flush with the top.

NO JOY with HiViz G2009 front sight I use on Glocks.  Waste of Amazon and a mad wife.

Slide milling inside in front end top of LCP-C has a perfect Glock oval cut.  The Ruger sight fits tightly and has a screw hole centered in the middle of the oval insert.

The Glock plastic front sight is a perfect fit in the oval and has the screw hole centered in the bottom of the oval.  It just has to be slightly reduced in how deep the insert sticks into the slide so it is flush and does not stick through the slide preventing the screw from snugging on the slide underneath.

The screw for either the Ruger or Glock sight installs easily as the holes are centered where the slide milling provides a circle for the hex driver to fit.

The HiViz sight is a waste

It is loose in the oval rotating left and right unless EpoxySteeled in place.  

Worse, is that the HiViz sight has the screw hole drilled off center toward the rear so far the hex driver cannot enter the slide milling circle and so the screw cannot enter the hole nor would the screw snug up against the flat surface under the slide.  It would instead hit the side of the milling circle for the hex driver.  

The HiViz sight will also be a slop fit in a Glock slide.  Not the first time I have gotten them under sized and sloppy letting the Glock HiViz G2009 sight rotate in the Glock slide until EpoxySteeled in the slot and to the slide.

Ruger front works, obviously.

Glock plastic front is a better replacement.

HiViz is a waste.

I may try a Glock Steel front screw type sight just for grins. And durability.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Put a new Glock Steel Front Sight into the LCP.  The oval is as good a fit left-right, front-rear as in a Glock slide.  Two problems.  

One is the oval that inserts into the slide is too long and prevents the screw from snugging up against the bottom of the slide because the LCP-C slide is thinner than the Glock.

Solution:  Thin the oval so it does not stick through the LCP-C slide bottom so the screw can be tightened.

Second is that the screw then goes out the top of the Glock steel front sight about a thread.  It becomes just visible out the top even though the Glock sight has some back draft, slope to the muzzle, that hides the top of the sight.

Solution:  Lower the top of the screw flush, mostly, with the top of the sight.  No screw to be seen.

Installation:  Be damned if another front sight falls off the LCP-C.  Fitted metal as noted above.  Used Epoxy steel between cleaned slide and bottom of Glock steel front sight and around the oval cutout in the slide.  Used Locktite Blue on the screw itself.  It is not going to fall off.

Bonus:  New Glock steel sight has a bigger dot that older plastic Glock sights do.  Both are way better than the fragile and small Ruger sight.

Photo:  Installed Glock sight on LCP-C.

Photo:  Better sight picture.  In real life, the Dot matches the squared rear sight ears even better.

Visually the small flat in front sight at the top appears to be a circle and is at the top of the black sight.  About perfect.  $10 for a sight and screw.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump with message questions answers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a problem with mine too. Mine was only loose,fortunately. I put Locktite on it and seems to be holding up.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Any thoughts/suggestions for a good trituim front sight?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top