Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2017 11:45:35 PM EDT
In case anyone has missed it, Ruger now has an LCRx 3" in 22LR.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/lcrx/specSheets/5435.html
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#1]
And I can't wait to get my hands on one! I've been waiting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Picked one up this morning. Shoots good, feels good. I like it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
How's the trigger on these? Comparable to the SP101?

It's nice that there's finally some options for good quality .22 double action revolvers now, it wasn't that long ago that S&W was pretty much the only good option.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How's the trigger on these? Comparable to the SP101?

It's nice that there's finally some options for good quality .22 double action revolvers now, it wasn't that long ago that S&W was pretty much the only good option.
View Quote
The trigger is good, but not SP101 good. It's heavier than I expected  but crisp.  

I'll try to remember to check the trigger pull weight tonight.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#5]
any reason that wouldn't fit in a standard LCRX 3" holster?

can you post some additional pics?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm pretty sure it's the same size as the 3" 38, so holsters should interchange.

I can take some more pics when I get home.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#7]
A few more picks. The trigger feels better the more I shoot it. My scale is for rifles, so it won't measure the trigger pull.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Please don't jump on me for this question but do you think the cylinder is strong enough to have the chambers reamed out to .22 Mag?....<><....?
An eight shot .22 Mag trail gun would be a nice gun.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Please don't jump on me for this question but do you think the cylinder is strong enough to have the chambers reamed out to .22 Mag?....<><....?
View Quote
I have no clue. Ruger has over engineered their guns for years, but I would not take the chance on mine. 22lr is what I wanted anyways.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Good to hear about the trigger.  The one on my LCR 22 is horrible, especially compared to my LCR 38.

If you don't mind, what did it set you back?  Kinda curious what the street price is compared to MSRP.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ruger has made the LCR in 22 mag I believe.  I would expect a 22 mag version of the LCRx is in the works.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good to hear about the trigger.  The one on my LCR 22 is horrible, especially compared to my LCR 38.

If you don't mind, what did it set you back?  Kinda curious what the street price is compared to MSRP.
View Quote
Double action 22 revolvers are always going to have a stiff trigger.  Nature of the beast.  Rimfire ammo requires a pretty stout smack to ignite, hence the heavy trigger.  Smith and Colt are the same.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Double action 22 revolvers are always going to have a stiff trigger.  Nature of the beast.  Rimfire ammo requires a pretty stout smack to ignite, hence the heavy trigger.  Smith and Colt are the same.
View Quote
My previous post wasn't as clear as it should have been.    I am aware that they are a stouter pull, but the LCR22 I have is really crappy - one of, if not the worst, 22 triggers I have used.  Slightly jerky pull and gritty, on top of the stiffer pull weight.  The S&Ws I've shot were stiff, but mostly a smooth pull.  I need to shoot several more hundred rounds through it and see if it makes any difference.

edited for some clarity and egg on face.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, I appreciate your pictures and opinion. Looks like a great little revolver!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ruger has made the LCR in 22 mag I believe.  I would expect a 22 mag version of the LCRx is in the works.
View Quote
If they pattern it after the .22 LR LCR it will be a 6 shot. I was thinking of a .22 Mag 8 shot with a 3" barrel...<><....
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got mine last weekend, I love it! Ive shot several hundred rounds so far and couldn't be happier. Its my first .22 revolver, and the trigger pull is heavier than I expected. Reading this thread provided me some insight.

I scooped up a Simply Rugged holster for the 38 LCRX 3" on eBay and it fits my 22 perfectly.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#17]
After I went to the LGS and bought what I was expecting to find, the MKIV Target, I went back to another section of their gun counters and saw the LCRx  I thought crap, and bought that one too.

Both very nice guns.  Picked them up a couple days before the MK recall.  I have the original LCR so I already have speed loaders which are very handy.  Really like the LCRx, the single action is very nice and DA is just like my LCR, stout but smooth, not gritty as reported above.  Ran about 250 rounds through LCRx and 450 in total for MKIV, both no issues so far.  Only shot the LCRx at the 50 yard range as when I went the 25 yard and 7 to 15 ranges were down for grounds maintenance.  Both very easy to keep on 8 x 10 paper at that range and both wonderful shooters.  With the LCRx I had to adjust the rear sight way down to almost bottom out though, shot very high out of the box.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I have the LCR 38 Spl +P. It has the optional laser pointer grip on it. Is the standard grip any longer? I don't have large hands, but I can only get 2 fingers on it. I don't care about the laser, I want to be able to hang onto it when using it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have the LCR 38 Spl +P. It has the optional laser pointer grip on it. Is the standard grip any longer? I don't have large hands, but I can only get 2 fingers on it. I don't care about the laser, I want to be able to hang onto it when using it.
View Quote
The standard LCR38 grip is the short 2-finger grip, no laser.  I swapped my LCR38 grip for a LCRx 3" grip.  Not sure how much longer it is (if at all) than the laser grip.

But for me, it changed my LCR from "I might sell this" to "much better I'm keeping it".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top