Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2017 4:19:44 PM EDT
I got a LCRx in 38 two days ago, after years of waiting for the 357 model and figured after not hearing about it from SHOT I'd just go for it and deal.  Asked all my local shops about it, nada.

Log onto Ruger.com today 

low and behold.  The LCRx in 357 is on the front page as a new item.

Sons of Bitches!  

I mean,  the LCRx in 38 is great...but common!?!  Really!?!

if you marvelous turds are gonna make a Blackhawk Hunter in 357 please call!
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it's just me, but I find the LCRx in .38 spl. +P to be more than than ample. To each his own, but to me a snubby that light in .357 mag. is overkill and punishing to the shooter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#2]
While I understand your thoughts completely, .357 in a pocket revolver are no fun, even if it has a polymer frame.  .38+p will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Im not saying I'm right, or even sensible...allow me my orneriness 

I mostly wanted the 357 version to soften the 38 +P recoil a bit and for ammo comparability with bigger guns in case.

I had a DAO LCR in 357 and it didn't carry 357 but once 

perhaps my sarcasm should be more clear. 
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm with you on this.  Why is it so hard to get all of them in the x model? I've stayed away from the LCR because I too wanted .357 magnum with a hammer. And like you it's 4 extra ounces may be awesome for .38 but I also have an added caliber.

But come on Ruger, why is the x model so hard to produce?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm with you on this.  Why is it so hard to get all of them in the x model? I've stayed away from the LCR because I too wanted .357 magnum with a hammer. And like you it's 4 extra ounces may be awesome for .38 but I also have an added caliber.

But come on Ruger, why is the x model so hard to produce?
View Quote

In the original post you will see they make them now, that was his complaint, he had waited forever for a 357 version, finally bought the LCRx in 38 and then Ruger released it in 357.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd buy one in a minute with a 3 in barrel. Don't feel the need for anything other than Dao on my lcr snub though. Why not 3 inch lcrx in .357? I think that would be a great little woods bumming gun.
Ruger, are you listening? Screw a 3 in barrel on a few of those .357 lcrx!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been holding out for a .22lr LRX for ever..............
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I have three LCR.s a 327 Federal coat gun because it is a six shooter, I have the longer 'LCRx' style Hogue stocks on it for better control (needed with 327).  I have a 22LR eight shooter with longer Hogue Piranha stocks for the wife, it is fun, teaches double action shooting, has 'second strike' capability (better to have a rimfire revolver, than a pistol, though I have several of both) and finally you could use it seriously if needed.  I also have a LCR 38 with the normal Hogue boot grip. This is a gun I won and have never loaded in the 2 1/2 years I have had it.  I was going to sell or trade it...then I thought 'Truck Gun' (sounds better than 'SUV Gun') so I have ordered a set of Ergo Delta stocks for it.  I have Delta on a 637 J frame and like them, so I will give them a whirl on a LCR.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Just picked up a 357 LCRX. Trigger is very smooth, has some linear stacking but feels much better than the 357 LCR I used to have. It's not as good as my match champion as that has no stacking but it's still very good.

I added  trigger shims and hammer shims and got the trigger pull down to just under 7 lbs. Also added the longer Hogue grip and an XS tritium front sight. This is a great carry revolver.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
What I would like to see all of the LCRx's in 4 inch barrels. Ultra light weight, all weather, and to especially be able to take advantage of the 357 mag velocities. I think it would be great in the woods. I have a 357 LCR and have no problem with 357's in it. The recoil is about the same as my Glock 27.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Same thing happened to me with the Ruger American Rimfire rifles. I had been eye-ballin' a threaded model in .22lr, (one with the green stock), finally traded for one at the local gun store and I kid you not, go home that night and see the Ruger American Rimfire target model with heavy barrel and laminate stock....

I like that Ruger comes out with new variations all the time though. Its just gonna be a supressor host so in the scheme of things it doesn't matter all that much.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy what you want/need.  But don't "settle" for something that is not what you consider ideal.

Paladin
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#13]
From what I have seen in testing you gain very little with a snub nose .357Mag over a +p .38, aside from blast, flash. Look up ballistics tests of .38+p vs .357 with the same bullet in gel. you don't gain much lethality.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Well more is more, some would say you gain little over regular 38 than with 38 +P too.  A 357 gives you the ability to use all three, 38 38 +P, and 357.  I got the 327 for the extra round.

slightly off subject, but Ruger has now announced a LCRx in 22LR eight shot.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#15]
For what it's worth I bought an LCR-X a few weeks back, in 357 Mag and I don't like it.  I had an LCR 38 years ago but this ones trigger seemed way heavier.  Recoil was okay for the most part, well except for 158gr .357...yikes!  The 125gr were stout and LOUD but the 158's actually kind of hurt.  I traded it in the other day, wasn't impressed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#16]
After shooting my 327 Federal, I realized it had all the power I could stand.  I have other 357s, a old (1968) three screw Blackhawk, a 6" blue GP-100, and a Taurus 605 snubby.  The short barrel lighter Taurus is almost too much.  I can shoot about 25 rounds of 357 any grain and call it enough, 38's a whole box of fifty trips the fun meter off.  Love the GP-100 with any round.

I am getting more and more warmed up to my 327 Federal and might buy a IWB holster for it.  I like it well enough to carry all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top