Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2017 5:43:36 PM EDT
Been having problems with 22/45 mags.  Seems that I get an occasional misfeed where the round is pointing up, not entering the chamber.  Have 5 mags and seems it has happened on all.  Shooting a steel challenge today, got frustrated thru the first few stages, and tried downloading the mags to 8 rounds.  Ran 6 strings in a row with no issues.  A young lady on my squad (11 yrs old) was shooting a highly modded 22/45 and had similar issues.  Tried downloading to 8 and no issues on the last stage.  Any ideas from the group?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
LCI removal helped my reliability a lot if you haven't done that. I just removed the metal activation tab and put the plastic indicator back in, didn't buy the filler piece.

I also started running only rounded bullets, no flat faced HP's like Winchester and others, that helped a lot as well. Now it rarely jams, until it gets too dirty from running suppressed all the time!

Sorry I can't help much besides that!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on LCI removal.

Other thing that worked for me was to measure the feed lips (front and back) of a mag that worked perfectly, then adjust the iffy ones to fit.  The iffy ones were a few thousandths tighter, but enough to make feeding screwy.  That said, try with one mag first and see what happens.  Just because it worked for me, doesn't mean it will for you. 

I also polished the feed ramp, bottom of the bolt, etc so it was slick as hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top