Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 5:01:35 AM EDT
I have a class coming up this weekend, so, I thought I go run a few more rounds through my TLE just to double check that it was running good. It was perfect. No malfunctions of any kind, and was shooting groups making one nice ragged hole, even when firing at a fairly fast pace. Went home very pleased.
Gave it a good cleaning last night, and after I got it all back together, I noticed the front sight looked a bit funny. It was WAY over to the right. I went to touch it with my fingers to see if it was loose, an it just came right out of the dove tail. It will slide pretty freely in and out now. It has not been hit at all. There are no marks of any kind on it to indicate that is has been bumped without my knowledge.
This is going to be a PITA now, because I will have to use my TLE/RL in the class this weekend. It is a perfect shooter as well, but I dont have a belt holster for it. I dont want to have to spend a fortune now on a belt holster for it, that will not get used more than once. <sigh> Not sure what I am going to do now.

Going to call Kimber here in a few and see what they can do for it. I HAVE to get this thing back in service, as it is the best 1911 I have ever shot (along with my TLE/RL). The front sight isnt a big issue with me, these things happen. The timing however, stinks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
One possibility that comes to mind is to swap the upper assemblies...complete...on the guns if the TLE/RL;s will fit on the other...use the slide stop from the TLE/RL as well if you can. This should get ya going for the class.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm just going to use the RL. The slide stop on it is a tad longer I think anyway, due to the slightly thicked frame of the RL gun.

Just got off the phone with Kimber, they said to send the slide in to them and they would take care of it ASAP. Said it would only be with them 1 day. Not going to have it back in time for the class, but, I'm going to get it off to them tomorrow anyway. They were very apologetic and helpful on the phone by the way.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Shouldn't it fit in something like a nylon / whatever tactical fabric holster with some "give" to it? You really need a dedicated holster for it anyway man...haha!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it should. I have one on order that SHOULD work with it. However, it was backordered for 3 months, then I found out that the dealer had ordered the wrong holster, now that that is straightened out, they are getting the right one, but I dont think it will be here by this Sat. I have some ideas though. I'll come up with something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top