Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 7:44:00 PM EDT
I live in Maryland. No more Kmbers sold here in this state until they make an integral lock. The upshot? I grabbed the last one on the shelf at my gun story and paid top price.

Now, like an idiot, I'm asking questions. Help!!!

I've heard so much about FTFs with Kimber gen II guns.

What has this board found about this SPECIFIC gun, the Kimber Custom Target II.

Is it prey to the same problems as the other Kimber gen II guns? Or is it the really fine target pistol I hope it will be. I plan to use it as my second and third gun for bulls-eye target.

Thanks in advance for taking time to reply.

SIGnature
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a early Series I Target model and it has worked great for past 6 or so years.  It is accurate and totally reliable.  I did have some problems with out-of-spec slide lock in the beginning but they sent a replacement promptly.  One big problem with Kimber pistols is that their adjustable sight is very fragile.  On my pistol I had to replace the rear sight 6 times now due broken sight blade.  Each sight only lasted for 3,000 - 4,000 rounds.  I got the new "improved" adjustable sight last time and was told these won't break... we'll see.

I got a new Kimber Series II TLE pistol today and fired 350 rounds with not a single failure of any kind.  Here is a pic of the new pistol

From what I have seen among my friends very few series I or series II Kimber pistols have any problem.  Those that does have problems are usually minor and taken care of by the factory very promptly. I'm sure there are some defective Kimber pistols just like every other brand but you hear a lot about Kimbers because there are so many of them out there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top