Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 2:55:53 PM EDT
Guys, I just got a gold combat RL II and I am wanting to get a good holster that I can have my surefire x200 on the waepon. I know safariland makes it for the military, but I cant find the same model for a civilian.

I dont see why they would limit them to just military so could someone point me tin the right direction.
thanks,
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I contacted Safariland recently, and advised them I was hoping to get the exact holster USMC DET-1 was issued.  I told the lady on the phone I realized it was a restricted item (as that was what I read in an article), and she told me not to worry.  She said all their holsters are available from their dealers or from them directly.  

She asked me what gun and light I wanted.  I told her, she came up with the correct model number (the article I read had the Safariland code numer), and then she told me she could take my order if I did not mind waiting several weeks for them to make it.   She was very helpful.  I would recommend you call their number on their website.  They'll take care of you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I contacted Safariland recently, and advised them I was hoping to get the exact holster USMC DET-1 was issued.  I told the lady on the phone I realized it was a restricted item (as that was what I read in an article), and she told me not to worry.  She said all their holsters are available from their dealers or from them directly.  

She asked me what gun and light I wanted.  I told her, she came up with the correct model number (the article I read had the Safariland code numer), and then she told me she could take my order if I did not mind waiting several weeks for them to make it.   She was very helpful.  I would recommend you call their number on their website.  They'll take care of you.

I cant wait for the pics!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Blade-Tech

I drop this name so much when holster questions come up, I should get paid.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cant wait for the pics!

Once I get the gun, I'm going to order the holster.  It's going to take a few weeks to put it all together, but the gun itself will be a sight to see.   It should be before the end of the month.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I too am looking for a good holster for my TLE/RL II w/x200a and was told bladetech.  I had no idea safariland had one.  Any chance I could get that model # from you guys?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:52:09 AM EDT
[#8]
they have had one for the x200 for at least a year or more, The 6004 drop leg
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:00:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The only Safariland 6004 I have seen for the 1911 with light was for the M (or MX) 3/6 lights and would NOT work with my Warrior and the X200. It was far too big and the pistol / light just wallowed around in it...I sold it. I would definitely be interested to know if Safariland is now building one specifically for the smaller X200.

I scored a 6004 in Dark Earth that was for a 1911 with X200.  It was a special order that my local shop had.  They had ordered the 1911 with M3 but got this one instead.

As to bladtech, I have one of their holsters and do not like it.  the way the holster sits is way too high, and the gun tends to angle out so it feels like I have to reach out into right field to draw my gun.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Guys, I just got a gold combat RL II and I am wanting to get a good holster that I can have my surefire x200 on the waepon. I know safariland makes it for the military, but I cant find the same model for a civilian.

I dont see why they would limit them to just military so could someone point me tin the right direction.
thanks,

www.defensereview.com/article498.html

check out the EDGE WORKS MANUFACTURING SOC Rig. I've had one for my TLE/RL II with x200 for a few years, drop leg (adapter for waist mounting), and it's probably my favorite holster. it's extremely quick, comfortable, and secure. it also has cowlings for different types of lights, to be carried mounted on the pistol. it's pricy, around 160 for mine, but i am extremely pleased with it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I got a Safariland 6004 in 3-color desert camo for my Kimber Warrior with Surefire X200B from Tactical Response.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top