Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 1:02:42 PM EDT
Well after many years of wanting a 1911 I finally went and got one. It's a Kimber Eclipse Ultra II. I love the look and feel of it. It will serve as my CCW weapon. Seems to be extremely well made and the slide is nice and tight as is the bbl fit. If it shoots as good as it looks I will be very happy. Hopefully i can get to the range soon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:23:56 PM EDT
AWESOME
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:18:12 PM EDT
Unfortunately it DID NOT shoot as good as it looks. Had 5 failures to extract in less than 80 rds. It is on it's way back to Kimber right now to hopefully be made functional.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:28:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By YELLOWV:
Unfortunately it DID NOT shoot as good as it looks. Had 5 failures to extract in less than 80 rds. It is on it's way back to Kimber right now to hopefully be made functional.

Thats really too bad!

All three of my Kimbers are awesome, but they are all full size, not sure if that makes a difference?

Hopefully Kimber will take care of you, I am sure they will!

Travis
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:19:26 PM EDT
I dont doubt that they will make it right.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:38:00 PM EDT
Does it have an external extractor, by any chance?

I'm contemplating purchasing a .45 1911 in the next month or two, and I'm trying to research the problems with the EE since a Kimber might well be what I get.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:09:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Doucheatron3000:
Does it have an external extractor, by any chance?

I'm contemplating purchasing a .45 1911 in the next month or two, and I'm trying to research the problems with the EE since a Kimber might well be what I get.

Of course it has an external extractor. If you do get a Kimber make sure it has an internal extractor.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:09:35 PM EDT
If you read the Kimber owners manual they say you should feed your 1911 with something like 2-5 hundred round of ball before you feed it anythig else or expect great proformace. That said I bet very few users have done that, I for one didn't. All that said my Kimber Custom II has proformed flawlessly. That more than I can say for my Glock 19. It choked on all kinds of hollow points.
Something about high end, commander and compact 1911s that seems to just be asking for trouble. I really hope they fix it for you
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:45:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 5:48:28 PM EDT by YELLOWV]
I never said a word about hollow points. I could barely get a mags worth of ball ammo through it without a FTE. My plan was to run about 200-300 rds of ball through it and then try some hydrashock. Ended up quiting after less than 80 rds w/ 5 FTE. Didn't even think about trying to run the hydrashock.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:33:16 PM EDT
Well finally heard from Kimber today about whats going on. They are replacing the slide on my pistol but it will probably be there another 2 or 3 weeks before they have a slide ready for it. Sucks but at least they are going to fix it right.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:43:20 PM EDT
Sounds like you have an external extractor slide and they're giving you an internal.

Congrats, the value of you gun just went up.

I'm going to be testing out my Kimber this weekend after it's 5 trip to Kimber.

GL with yours.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:07:22 PM EDT
Yes it will be switched from the POS external extractor to an internal. I have heard from other people who have had the same issue as mine and after the slide swap their guns ran 100%.
Top Top