Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 9:28:05 AM EDT
Wanted to get all your thoughts on Kimbers polymer pistols. I have always liked the 1911 and this polymer twist is very interesting to me. Are they any good? And links to discussions about them? Sorry if this is old news.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a wilson KW and couldn't be happier.  Really want adj sights, but in terms of gun frame not being 'traditional 1911, I have no problem.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have and carry daily a BP TenII.  Excellent pistol.  Shoots whatever I point it at.  No reliability problems at all that I could blame on the gun.  Out of several hundred rounds of polymer wolf I've had 2 or 3 fail to feeds, and I blame that on the ammo.  Next round feeds fine, but If I try to rechaber that round JAm!

Other negatives:
   Mine is less than 2 years old and has extremely slight finish wear on the slide near the muzzle.  Not a problem, I'm a "If it don't look worn you aint using it" kinda guy.
   Slight surface rust forms on inside muzzle end of barell if I carry it for more than a couple of months without cleaning it ( even if I've not gone shooting in that time frame. )  I probably should just clean it more.  A simple cleaning has solves that problem though.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have and carry daily a BP TenII.  Excellent pistol.  Shoots whatever I point it at.  No reliability problems at all that I could blame on the gun.  Out of several hundred rounds of polymer wolf I've had 2 or 3 fail to feeds, and I blame that on the ammo.  Next round feeds fine, but If I try to rechaber that round JAm!

Other negatives:
   Mine is less than 2 years old and has extremely slight finish wear on the slide near the muzzle.  Not a problem, I'm a "If it don't look worn you aint using it" kinda guy.
   Slight surface rust forms on inside muzzle end of barell if I carry it for more than a couple of months without cleaning it ( even if I've not gone shooting in that time frame. )  I probably should just clean it more.  A simple cleaning has solves that problem though.

- Nw -

Thanks. Would you recommend the Pro or the Fullsize for carry?  I have been told that the bull barrel on the Pro might be more accurate than the fullsize w/ bushing. The trade of would be felt recoil. Is recoil more or less than a regular 1911 with a steel frame?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top