Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 8:46:42 AM EDT

Just got her approved for service carry.  No more Sigs!  Novak with tritium inserts are on order, as are custom Alumigrips from Mr. Berry at gungrips.net.
I'll post pics when mods are done.

Now for the Approved Tac Pro II, TA-DA!!!!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
..What's wrong with Sigs?!

Kidding, I love 1911s too, Kimbers especially.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
It has been a fight for years to get to this point.  My last agency was so against single action carry, they even banned them from off-duty use.
Thankfully, I'm running operations at my new agency and I only have to bounce suggestions off one man.  I wrote the new policy and I authorize SA autos with series 80 type safeties.  The officer must have at least 5 years LE experience, qualify master with his service weapon (and the 1911) and have a letter from his/her sergeant stating that they have demonstrated professional demeanor, a level head, and tactical competence.
In other words, they need to be "gun people".

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top