Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2016 8:53:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AspiringRapper]
This is my first Kimber. I wanted a railed series 70 gun and came across this one on an obscure auction site. I ended up winning under $900 so am pretty happy with the purchase.

Is there anything that will need switched out quickly? I am going to get some Wolf springs and some skate board tape, anything else? I have mags and boolits.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 9:18:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyG] [#1]
Originally Posted By AspiringRapper:
This is my first Kimber. I wanted a railed series 70 gun and came across this one on an obscure auction site. I ended up winning under $900 so am pretty happy with the purchase.

Is there anything that will need switched out quickly? I am going to get some Wolf springs and some skate board tape, anything else? I have mags and boolits.
View Quote
 Nice score!

Attachment Attached File

Personal preferences: I went with a Colt WWI thumb safety (I prefer a non ambi), a Colt OEM rat tail grip safety, STI short trigger, and a Guncrafter recessed lanyard loop MSH.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Just picked it up. It is a very good looking firearm, I am going to shoot it this weekend. If it shoots well it will earn it's place as a beater gun for use around the farm.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 4:21:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a older one that I got the first week out and its been good to go, the finish wears quick . I had to send a full size CDP back because the hammer would follow the slide down also a Cus Tac 2 that was a jammer . the old Warrior no problem .
Link Posted: 7/10/2019 11:18:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: phobia] [#4]
Congrats!!!  I picked up a newer Warrior that come with the front strap checkering.  I replaced the firing pin stop, slip stop, magazine catch and grip screws with Ed Brown and Wilson Combat parts.

I also replaced the grips with Gunner Grips and bought a S&A magwell that I still have to install.

Also have a Surefire X-300 and a few Safariland holsters.  Love it.  Now I'm debating a Desert Warrior, or a Legion P220 SAO.  Night need a poll thread lol.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top